My House Sold, Oz for Summer.

Boxertony

Our house has been up for sale for four months and not one viewing, also knocked off £25k off the true value. Then totally out of the blue I got a viewing yesterday. This guy lives in Wilmslow and we live in Newcastle upon Tyne. This guy wants to purchase five houses in my town, so he can rent them out. After speaking to him he said he could offer me cash in the hand if he wants my house. Also we agreed not to go through my estate agent thus saving me 3k in fees. He telephoned me today to say that he will come back tomorrow at 1.00pm and that I need to give him a price with everything left in my home, i.e., all my furniture, fittings, etc.

It was amazing getting the actual visa but this is the one, nothing to tie us down now.

THEN ....................

I have been suffering chest pains since March, so I went for an Endoscopy and just gained the results, I have Hiatus Hernia and Antral Gastritis, in other words I have a 3cm hole in osephegus and my stomach keeps slipping into my chest. I had the operation for this same condition in Sept 2000. In my opinion I need another operation. I have to wait till the end of November before I can see a Consultant Surgeon and he has already told me that he has got a long waiting list for this surgery.

I just don't know what to do now, because the guy who is giving us cash in the hand for our house, wants our property by the end of October. This will mean our family of five will have to move to my parents home in Lancashire, therefore everyone giving up our jobs. Ideally we would just book our flights to go once the house is sold, but what do I do about my health, it could be months before I gain an operation and we have to validate our visa's by May 2010. Also we have been offered jobs in Adelaide now and more interviews tomorrow morning and next week. I cannot expect stay at my parents for a long time plus with Oz summer soon, I just want to go now. I thought about coming back for my operation.

I also thought once in Oz and I have been there for a few months I go to the local GP and state that I have got pain in my chest etc and then claim off my insurance policy. The annoying thing for me is I got my visa and the house sold but just not sure what to do. I do not want to rent an home where we live, it's to much hassle and expensive plus you have to sign a six months lease.

I am going to try my best to get an operation asap, I have arranged to see another consultant from a different hospital too see if he can operate on me much earlier.

Guest Carolandcraig

Congrats on selling your house, would it be possible to get a short term let at a caravan park until you op has been done, that way you dont have to give up your jobs, just a thought.

Guest mayjess

Its great news about the house sale, ask him to kindly buy mine aswell will ya,lol

About your op, if it were me, I would have it done in OZ, after all, its going to be your new home anyhow, that means everything that goes with living somewhere, dentists, GP` visits etc, so why not have the OP there?

Mayjess

Guest Nicky&Andy

its a difficult one, i'd say health comes first, but if i could sale thats one pressure off, witch would help with a stress free recovery if an op was needed, could you possibly go private in uk, it has to be all your decision, but i'd sale , could you possibly have your op in oz, i'm sure the recovery would be much nicer (led on a sun longer in the sun , taking it easy) its so hard isnt it , the visa then the house sale , all i can say is good luck with your decision,

Guest cazzie

Great news about the house Tony - I hope it all goes smoothly from now as it will be a load off your mind. As for the operation, like others have suggested, I'd be tempted to have it here in Oz. Hospital treatment/ops etc seem to be quick here and think of the recuperation period in the sunny climes of Adelaide. Good luck with your decision but if you can't arrange a quick op in the UK, it might be wise to wait and get it sorted out here.

i guess it depends when you start work here and how much time you need for recovery. If you can get it done before you come then it's sorted, but summer is good here and you will want to be able to enjoy all there is on offer. For most people , even the ones who feel at home here quickly there is some stress involved, especially if it involves kids and their settling process. However not coming and you must be here date getting closer may also cause anxiety. Me ...I'd just book the tickets n come, if the op can be done before you leave then good, but it depends on the urgency you need it done.

Guest nishman

Just a thought, but would your buyer be willing to rent back to you for 1 or 2months, say. It sounds like he's looking to rent it out anyway, so why not to you :)

As you know stress is a factor with HH, so you may be better to get it sorted out before you go through the stress of the move itself?

Jane my wife had a telephone job interview with Shaun Gillespie the Director of Nursing at the Calvary North Hospital, this morning at 06.30 a.m. Jane has got the job. Working on the 26 Bed Oncology Ward there. The best thing about it is that they are willing to train Jane up to be an Enrolled Nurse, then an optional opportunity to train for RGN. We are overwhelmed with this opportunity and I am ever so proud of my wife. She has worked as a healthcare assistant for 16 years now and always dreamt to be a Nurse, but because of having children and the expense for the Nurse training, she has never managed it. I have gained the actual visa and have the vast amounts of experience and qualifications, so we took it for granted that I will gain suitable employment and Jane will find a part-time job eventually. Then this happens. I have also got my interview with Alex Edwards-Brown the Director of Nursing for the Glenside Campus Hospital, sometime next week, I am very confident in gaining a job through him.

In addition, I had a viewing for my house on Tuesday and the guy telephoned me yesterday and said to me that he will come and see me today at 1pm today and that he wants me to tell him a price for my house and with everything to go with it, the furniture - the all lot. Also we have agreed not to go through the estate agent, thus saving me £3k in fees. The best part is, he is going to give me cash in the hand, obviously through solicitors.

I am currently waiting for an operation for Hiatus Hernia, because I am in major pain. I am now considering paying for a private consultation and this consultant referring me for the operation, too see if this can speed things up, but it will have to be on the NHS. However I have now decided to still come to Adelaide if I dont suceed with my operation before Xmas and see if I can have it in Adelaide.

All this has happened in the last few days, bloody hell we have hit the ground running and Wow! We are going to enjoy the ride. Jane's job starts in January, our house sold today and move out by end of October. Spend Xmas with my family in Burnley, Lancashire and also Jane's family in Leicester and then fly out late December/early January, bye bye freezing Newcastle upon Tyne. Hello Summer in Adelaide.

After I have spoken to the guy who is buying my house today I will then search for flights and once I have booked them I will then apply for AOA via South Australia Government. Need to sort out removals, just to take our clothes and odds and sods.

Right you readers: Need your help/assistance (join our ride). lol.

QUESTIONS

1. What are the best area's to reside/live, which will be near Calvary North Hospital and Glenside Campus Hospital as well as near the CBD, transport links, the beach and just as important we have kids at 21 (lad), 17 (girl) and 11(girl) so we need somewhere lively (entertainment wise), for them to enjoy. More urgently is to provide us with some places where there are community houses are, so we can at least request certain areas for our AOA. Nothing wrong with just requesting on the application form for AOA.

1.5 Also friends please, especially for my kids, Love BBq's if anyone is having any (hint hint)., thats for the oldies, lol.

2. The best places to look for cheap flights to Adelaide.

3. Removal companies, must admit thinking of John Mason. However through Moneycorp they have a removal company, which we get a discount and its only three miles away from my current home.

4. Because AOA is not certain, what is the best option for a back-up plan regarding suitable accommodation. Is there any problems if I arrange alternative accommodation and then cancel it at th every last minute due to gaing AOA. I would fancy a caravan park for a back-up.

WE ARE SO HAPPY !!!!!