Our house has been up for sale for four months and not one viewing, also knocked off £25k off the true value. Then totally out of the blue I got a viewing yesterday. This guy lives in Wilmslow and we live in Newcastle upon Tyne. This guy wants to purchase five houses in my town, so he can rent them out. After speaking to him he said he could offer me cash in the hand if he wants my house. Also we agreed not to go through my estate agent thus saving me 3k in fees. He telephoned me today to say that he will come back tomorrow at 1.00pm and that I need to give him a price with everything left in my home, i.e., all my furniture, fittings, etc.
It was amazing getting the actual visa but this is the one, nothing to tie us down now.
I have been suffering chest pains since March, so I went for an Endoscopy and just gained the results, I have Hiatus Hernia and Antral Gastritis, in other words I have a 3cm hole in osephegus and my stomach keeps slipping into my chest. I had the operation for this same condition in Sept 2000. In my opinion I need another operation. I have to wait till the end of November before I can see a Consultant Surgeon and he has already told me that he has got a long waiting list for this surgery.
I just don't know what to do now, because the guy who is giving us cash in the hand for our house, wants our property by the end of October. This will mean our family of five will have to move to my parents home in Lancashire, therefore everyone giving up our jobs. Ideally we would just book our flights to go once the house is sold, but what do I do about my health, it could be months before I gain an operation and we have to validate our visa's by May 2010. Also we have been offered jobs in Adelaide now and more interviews tomorrow morning and next week. I cannot expect stay at my parents for a long time plus with Oz summer soon, I just want to go now. I thought about coming back for my operation.
I also thought once in Oz and I have been there for a few months I go to the local GP and state that I have got pain in my chest etc and then claim off my insurance policy. The annoying thing for me is I got my visa and the house sold but just not sure what to do. I do not want to rent an home where we live, it's to much hassle and expensive plus you have to sign a six months lease.
I am going to try my best to get an operation asap, I have arranged to see another consultant from a different hospital too see if he can operate on me much earlier.