Arrrghh - we bought a house!

Guest jen&ian

Guest jen&ian

Hi everyone,

Well we've really gone and done it now, we had an offer accepted on a house this morning. In Moana close to the beach:cool:. I will be wandering round the house in a daze fo the rest of the day & having fits of hysterical laughter from time to time:eek:.

Jen:)

Guest Guest75
Hi everyone,

Well we've really gone and done it now, we had an offer accepted on a house this morning. In Moana close to the beach:cool:. I will be wandering round the house in a daze fo the rest of the day & having fits of hysterical laughter from time to time:eek:.

Congratulations!!

It's a lovely place is Moana,nice beach,we often go down there for a walk with 3 demented Bedlingtons. :confused:

Guest dale_jo@
Hi everyone,

Congrats Guys!

Lived at moana a few years ago beautiful beach and very quiet!!

Good Luck

Guest jen&ian

Thanks for the congrats guys:). So if I see someone with a Yorkshire accent tearing after 3 small dogs I'll give you a wave. Can't wait for the summer now see you all there.

Richjop where abouts have you bought? I'd love to stake out our place but it's a bit to far from here! ;).

Guest carters

The house looks lovely, it looks just like the gatehouse I am selling here! How old is it?

How about the price you paid, what does around $ mean, did you have to haggle much?

Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks

Nikki

The price indicates offers over, we were more comfortable with dealing this way that in an auction as we are on a 495 visa that means we need to get prior approval for every house we wish to bid for. We met with the agent and he asked for our best price and any associated conditions, we need FIRB approval so we said 850 and FIRB approval. All other interested parties are consulted and this is where the agent earns their dollar because this is your one chance to get the house, not haggling and can you beat this other offer etc so on Thursday we went in with our offer not knowing whether anyone else was interested and happily for us we got it. On top of the 850 we also have to pay about 45,000 AUD in stamp duty and taxes. The deposit was due on Tuesday, no hanging around for surveys etc (you can if you want and a termite one seems to be a must) and then they expect that we will be in within a month. The house itself is about 1930 and has loads of original features but could do with updating, we could do it quick and make a few bucks but we hope to stay put and make it a family house for us and the boys. Ask any questions you need to, if I don't know then someone on Poms will!:)

Guest the warburtons

congrats on the new house !. We have been here 12 weeks and lived with relatives in Moana on wentworth street, its a nice area. We have just bought our own place in seaford - You'll love it- we do

Guest jen&ian

Hi Angela,

Well no strictly speaking we didn't get anyone to view it, but we found out that it was being sold by some friends of someone we had been in contact with through PiA, so that gave us a bit more confidence that it wasn't a dump. We just got lot's of extra piccies and info from the real estate agents and did plenty of homework on the area.

Wow not long for you now ( not that you need another person reminding you I'm sure:o) Good luck with the move.