Getting Trades to turn up

Guest salisbury massive

Guest salisbury massive

Why oh why oh why is it so difficult to get tradies to turn up when they say they are going to.

I need quite a large amount of work doing in my back yard which includes the use of a bobcat and a truck to take garden rubbish away, I need to move moss rocks so I can get retaining walls built and some concrete lifted from the ground and a large amount of dirt pushed about to fill the retaining walls. I've phoned 7 people from the mesenger and the Yellow pages and to date only one has even called round. the others all promised they would call in yesterday or today and I've been waiting in all day - nothing. Is there so much work in the North Eastern Suburbs they don't need any more. Its very frustrating.

So its it the Aussie way or are they all can't be arsed good for nothings?

Jo Grrrrr

Why oh why oh why is it so difficult to get tradies to turn up when they say they are going to.

I need quite a large amount of work doing in my back yard which includes the use of a bobcat and a truck to take garden rubbish away, I need to move moss rocks so I can get retaining walls built and some concrete lifted from the ground and a large amount of dirt pushed about to fill the retaining walls. I've phoned 7 people from the mesenger and the Yellow pages and to date only one has even called round. the others all promised they would call in yesterday or today and I've been waiting in all day - nothing. Is there so much work in the North Eastern Suburbs they don't need any more. Its very frustrating.

So its it the Aussie way or are they all can't be arsed good for nothings?

Jo Grrrrr

Jo,

Cant you wait a week or two for when Steve starts up at Munno Parra so he can get the civil guys up to do the work and lose the time on day work? :biglaugh:

Tell him i wont tell;)

Looking forward to finally meeting him at the schools breakfast morning! Just a shame that because he wants to go on the training course the breakfast had to be delayed a few days!

Good luck with getting the work done.

I've found the only way is to get a recommendation then do the "so and so gave me your name" thing, so that they feel some sort of responsibility! Ask around at the schools/sports clubs etc - I'll do the same and see if I hear of anyone and let you know!

I reckon those that advertise in the papers are probably those with bad reps anyway - wouldn't get any work from personal recommendations so have to pay to advertise instead, so hopefully you've just come across the worst of the bunch!

Diane

Guest salisbury massive

Seriously Lee you are the best car painter I have ever met, I guess you know I thought I would be needing your services after our holiday to Coober Pedy with the kids. Danielle on her first driving experience crashed the Land Cruiser into the Caravan park gates. Luckily the insurance will cover it. How simply could it be, no roundabouts or traffic lights, just straight roads and she turns into the park and crashes.

Ian,

Yes, Steve has thought of that, he left this morning to see if he could blag a bobcat from someone down at the Shipyard!!!!!! I'm not surprised they changed the breakfast for him, they all think the sun shines out of his arse down at the shipyard. He's looking forward to doing the school and being closer to home. He's most excited about being in the project from the very beginning not arriving half way through and fixing everyone elses mistakes. I'm afraid he's a serial qualification man, loves the training, it makes the Resume look very very good.

Di

I've found a brilliant fencing man just doing that, he's here putting up a new fence for me now, been on time every day and worked his socks off. Trouble is not many people know someone with a bobcat. i suppose we could try the old Egyptian way and use round poles and ropes. We spent 2 hours on sunday trying to move just one rock and we almost had it over and then it fell off the bricks we were supporting it on and were back to the beginning, it was then we decided we needed help.

Jo

• 2 weeks later...

We finally got an air con guy out to our house yesterday. Only a day late. As he got out of the car he told me how lucky I was to have him look at the aircon. He took one look, told us what was wrong and said he couldnt do it and left.

Hubby spent half an hour up on the roof putting in new pads and putting fresh water in and hey presto its working again.

He just couldnt be bothered to do it!!!!