- Ambulance Cover - very important. Judi had some people staying at her rental that needed it in first few weeks and cost a bomb! So make sure you get that asap. You can get it through SA Ambulance directly - or through Private Health Cover if you're getting it.
- TFN - already covered - I think I'd get it anyway - v quick and easy to do online
- Driving License - there is no immediate hurry but th majority of insurance comapnies said the insurance wd be cheaper if we had converted to Aus licence....
- Rental - can be quite hard I believe so start looking when you've recovered!! Visit all the offices personally and tell them what you're after. If you're able to pay week's ahead/cash I htink it helps!!
- Unlock your mobile before you come over and then you won't need to buy a new phone, just a SIM card for Pay as You Go. You won't be able to get contract until you've got a good credit history - even a few months of earning. I got refused in my second wk here, went back to the same shop 2 months later and all ok! PAYG phones seem quite pricey here too - so unlock before you fly!!
- Car seats for the kids? Try K-Mart/Target or Big W?
- We had a folder with passports, marriage certificates, pay slips for mortgage, references for job hunting etc etc too. Very useful!
HTH, Alexis x