Sat in an empty house with no dogs, furniture or TV

Guest Woody and Jane

Guest Woody and Jane

So yesterday we took our dogs down to Golden Arrow ready for shipping. Today John Mason came round to pack up all our worldly goods. Right now we’re sat in front of a laptop watching Murderland (with Robbie Coltrane) and 7 Days on the Breadline via an unreliable 3G dongle.

I can’t say we’re looking forward to staying in an almost completely empty rented house for the next six days but we know that come Tuesday we’ll be leaving on a jet plane for Adelaide and arriving on Thursday morning with a whopping 23kg worth of luggage plus hand luggage to start our new life.

Right now the fact that OAA didn’t come through seems a distant memory. We’ve got a cracking two week holiday rental in Christies Beach to look forward to and are going to enjoy every minute of it (in between trying find a more permanent rental that is).

Having never been to Australia, let alone Adelaide, we’re putting a lot on the line but we’ve done a lot of research and having a really positive mental attitude we know everything is going to work out great. If not great, it sure can’t be half as bad as here. :jiggy:

Thank god the exchange rate it starting to look up!

Looking forward to the sun,

Woody and Jane.

Guest Woody and Jane
Hi Woody & Jane

good luck who are you flying with as they only giving you 23kilo

Parko

Hi, we're flying with BA, who else would be so generous? However there is no weight limit on hand luggage :biglaugh:.

Guest thekings

All the best with your move, will hopefully be us next year, and as for the exchange rate....well I've had me beady eye on it all this week and its definitely creeping in the right direction, if it continues in that direction "this time next year Rodders we will be millionaires" well I'm sure we'll feel like it anyway :biglaugh:

Good luck and enjoy the summer as we enjoy the cold, dark, dampness of England :arghh::arghh:

Guest Woody and Jane

Good luck and enjoy the summer as we enjoy the cold, dark, dampness of England :arghh::arghh:

What are you on about? It didn't get cold, dark and miserable until at least 5:15 today ;)

Guest thekings
What are you on about? It didn't get cold, dark and miserable until at least 5:15 today ;)

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: true has been quite good this week, still not quite like the weather Adelaide has been having

Guest the4hopes

Good luck your new life is about to begin! And its really hot here at the moment. We had never been to Australia, and I had never even been on a plane, neither had my 2 daughters. We love it here there is so much more to do than just going to work and going home! You get to use your spare time doing things!! Its fun.

Guest Woody and Jane
Good luck your new life is about to begin! And its really hot here at the moment. We had never been to Australia, and I had never even been on a plane, neither had my 2 daughters. We love it here there is so much more to do than just going to work and going home! You get to use your spare time doing things!! Its fun.

Thanks, we can't wait. Can't believe your first ever flight was to Australia, that must have been either a childhood dream come true or a nightmare you've been postponing.

Brings back memories. We saw off all our wordly goods and then realised we didn't have a kettle to make a cup of tea, so we borrowed a pan from the neighbours to boil the water in. We used a plastic picnic set to eat off of and bought a blow up camping bed. We called it indoor camping.

We too had never been to Adelaide, let alone Australia and absolutely love it and I'm sure you will too.

Good luck and enjoy the journey/adventure.

Howard.

Guest angiestaff

good luck to you.......don't worry about ur dogs i'm sure that they'll be fine.....we flew ours with par-air and then jet pets from sydney to adelaide and they were absolutely fine....in fact they looked better when we got them back (admittedly ronnie needed to lose some weight!;))

ange x

Guest Woody and Jane

Quick update:

The dogs are currently in the air making their way to Oz. They should hopefully arrive safely in a few hours. Jane's going a bit crazy wanting to know how they are.

We've left our empty house and checked into a hotel with lots of things close by so we can window shop and eat. It beats staying in an empty house any day.

Woody.

Guest smiles36

hi

we rehomed our dogs as the older one wouldnt of coped with the heat they are now in wales chassing rabbits was a hard choice but i think the right one for the dogs.

as for going to oz without visiting there, i dont blame you i was so depressed when we came back it was horrible.i got over it and applied for our visa and now i am waiting to come back for good, will b there end of dec.

cant wait

good luck to you all:)

steve

Guest Woody and Jane

He He we are excited ! can get some sleep now the dogs have landed. Still doesn't feel real even though in 48 hours we will be on our way to the sun. Its blown a gale today and rained for over 6 hours . Joy

Guest Woody and Jane
Hi there Woody and Jane, we're in Christies Beach so give us a shout when the jet lag's worn off if you fancy a coffee - or something more alcoholic!

Sounds like a plan :)

wohooo you've almost done it!

doesn't feel real, does it!

just wait till you land - even more unreal lol - especially with you not having been before!

we arrived yesterday and are dead tired obviously lol

glad you got a nice rental in christies beach - not too far from us.

and i was going to suggest going in a hotel for the last few days! so much nicer.

well, we are settling in ourselves but do give us a shout when you are here!

one more sleep ;)