two year update

laura girling

Just a quick thread for anyone who may remember us.

Im home sick as in poorly sick with the flu, and I thought it would be a great oppertunaty to update on here as Nov 4th we would have been here 2 years.

If you can remember we were going home, put our rental for re renting car in the paper the lot, but alas going back was not to be, THANK GOD.

It was an awful awful 1st year, I was so guilty and homesick, missed all my 8 sister and brothers also my Mum, missed my nephews wedding and my other nephew playing gigs at the wembley arena, christenings and births of new family members.

All that going on aswell as my hubby struggling with the fact he was not self employed in the uk anymore and had to struggle being a casual worker with an old fasion Italian non English speaking boss.

Well as luck had it New year new luck, everything changed.

I decided to go full time and my hubby look after kiddies and house, we havent looked back since.

Now we have many friends, and I dont know where they all came from, we are booked up for lots of Christmas Parties already, and still have room for more just incase there are more invites, lol.

Our kids go to a wonderful private school and they are all happy there.

We are moving from west Lakes Shore to The New Port Quay next month.

Everyone has now completely thawed out, we are more relaxed not as homesick and really really pleased that we stayed.

So thank you for all your listening to my whinging last year, and I hope this encourages anyone who is homesick and thinking that Oz isnt for them, to re think on time.

Laura xxxx:)

Guest caoimhe

Good on ya Laura for hanging on and I'm really glad things have worked out for you:wubclub:

Its a bit of inspiration to those of us who are still not sure:skeptical:

Hi Laura,

It's great to hear that everything has turned out well for you. It just goes to show that you need to give such a big upheaval as emighrating some time to settle. Lovely news. Hope your third year goes wonderfully.

Cazzie x

Guest massive

Great to hear you have finally settled and can remember lots of youe threads as i was feeling very similar and weldone to you all it is a big shock at first and very different but life here isn't so bad and best wishes for your next year to come

debbie

Guest LOOBYLOO

Hi Laura

I remember reading your posts about returning after our visa was granted!! I'm so glad things have turned around for you and wishing you all the best. We're coming up on our first anniversary and loving our new life in South Australia.