Got our PR after 10 days!!

Guest Blackcat

Guest Blackcat

Hi

Well yesterday we were granted our permanent visa from an SIR495 and today we have been here for two years!! We applied on-line and had all the paperwork ready to go including police checks which we did upfront before they asked for them. So good luck to everyone else applying for theirs, it is such a relief when you get it, don't have to worry about going back now! Gina

congratulations and well done!!!..... we are going for ours in jan, but i didn't know you could apply before the two years.. what police checks do you need, is it the sa police ones or do you have to get uk ones too. the last time i got a police check here i just went into the local police station..(is this the one we will need?)

Hi

Well yesterday we were granted our permanent visa from an SIR495 and today we have been here for two years!! We applied on-line and had all the paperwork ready to go including police checks which we did upfront before they asked for them. So good luck to everyone else applying for theirs, it is such a relief when you get it, don't have to worry about going back now! Gina

Hi Gina.

First of all, well done!!

I do have a question for you, as someone who's just gone through the process. I'm part-way through filling in the online form but have hit a snag on the Health Checks section; did you have to submit something there? If so, what? It's asking for details of a Health Services Australia check - would that be the same stuff we did to get here in the first place?

Cheers,

Justin.

EDIT. Realised you can simply say "No" and skip past it...DOH!

...i didn't know you could apply before the two years...

Technically, you can't.

One of the first questions asked on the online form is "...Have you lived for at least two years and worked full time for a total of one year in one or more specified regional area?..."; if you say "Yes" and you haven't and submit the visa application then, again technically, that would be fraud...not to mention bloody risky if they spot it!!

Congrats Gina.

Can't believe u managed to last 2 yrs on a temp visa. I can over in Feb and have had enough of the 457 so have now managed to get the 176. Of 2 New Zealand on the 15th to get it validated. I bet ur so relieved to have it. I know i am.

Congrats again.

Guest guest3462

Gina, Congratulations! I bet you are so relieved, I can't wait for it to be us in that situation. We have just completed our house sale in the UK and we can't wait to be able to officially call Aldinga beach "home"!!!

Emma, we have 457. We have been here since January and are just about to apply for 176. How long did it take you and did you submit an online application? Also did you have to re do medicals here?

Many thanks

Julia

Gina, Congratulations! I bet you are so relieved, I can't wait for it to be us in that situation. We have just completed our house sale in the UK and we can't wait to be able to officially call Aldinga beach "home"!!!

Emma, we have 457. We have been here since January and are just about to apply for 176. How long did it take you and did you submit an online application? Also did you have to re do medicals here?

Many thanks

Julia

Hi Julia

I made the mistake of initially applying for the 175 so it took a bit longer, it took about 4 months. Ur possibly looking about 2-3 months but then it is different for every1. Yes i applied online as people said 2 me that if u do a paper application it ends up at the bottom of the pile. Its also very easy 2 do online.

I was lucky with my medicals as they have only just expired so they haven't asked me 2 have them redone. I have heard they are cheaper to do here than the UK though.

Also have u had British police checks done? I didn't have them done before on the 457 so had to get them done which is a bit of a pain. U only have to have Oz ones done if u've bn here 12months or longer.

Gd luck with it all. If u need 2 know anything else i'll help if i can.xx

Congrats Gina,

we had a similar experience.............got all the paperwork sorted in may, submitted it 20th august, and the p.r was granted on the 24th!!!! Just 4 days...........

the medical question.....if you have undergone a medical within 12 months you wont have to undertake another, unless you have changed circumstances...........for us the son had to have bloods and the daughter an x-ray........too easy!

Congratulations its brilliant news & one of the quickest PR's yet :).

Not hijacking your post Gina but I can probably answer some of the q's.

We got PR after submitting the online application around 5th Oct, AFP's received & scanned around 13th Oct - we didn't front load, PR granted 26th Oct - it is a relief after a long 2 yr wait. Most online applications recently are being processed very quickly :).

Justin, correct you answer no to the meds.

Also include your UK police checks if you have them, we were asked for them but not asked to do another medical, thankfully.

Good luck to anyone waiting/applying.

Guest Blackcat

Hi Justin,

The immigration department admit to a problem with their web-site in relation to this question. They advise you to enter xxxx in the 'booking reference' block and in the 'comments' block state that you have been advised by the department that there is no need to arrange medicals (I assume because you had medicals to come here in the first place!).

You can also apply a month before the two years you have been here in reply to Orreljet. You can also apply for your police checks up front to speed up the process.

Hope this helps.

Best of luck,

Tony

Hi,

So do you answer yes when asked if you have been here two years, even if you are a month shy? We are getting all of our bits sorted and will put them in early now that you have given that helpful advice. Many thanks and I hope we will get ours as quickly, it certainly is a long wait on the 495.

...The immigration department admit to a problem with their web-site in relation to this question. They advise you to enter xxxx in the 'booking reference' block and in the 'comments' block state that you have been advised by the department that there is no need to arrange medicals (I assume because you had medicals to come here in the first place!).

You can also apply a month before the two years you have been here in reply to Orreljet. You can also apply for your police checks up front to speed up the process...

Cheers Tony! Online application now started!! Woo Hoo!!

Angela, I'll pick your brain on Saturday ;-)

Justin.

You can also apply a month before the two years you have been here in reply to Orreljet.

Really? I'd appreciate being pointed to any documentation where that is stated.

I know it used to be the case when SS was required when going from SIR to PR that this could be done a month early so as not to delay the visa application, but then the rules changed and SS was no longer needed. I've never seen anything that states that the application itself can be made a month early.

Jim

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackcat viewpost.gif

You can also apply a month before the two years you have been here in reply to Orreljet.

Really? I'd appreciate being pointed to any documentation where that is stated.

I know it used to be the case when SS was required when going from SIR to PR that this could be done a month early so as not to delay the visa application, but then the rules changed and SS was no longer needed. I've never seen anything that states that the application itself can be made a month early.

Jim

Anybody got anything to add?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackcat viewpost.gif

Anybody got anything to add?

i rang yesterday about this and was told i cannot apply a month before i had achieved two years living. I told her someone has just got theirs approved a day before they had been here two years and all she said was if you send it in a month early your whole package will be returned to you, so for us we wont be risking it for a month.