No Money But Booked Flights For Feb 2010

Boxertony

Well our house as fallen through and we are now back to square one. All our money is tied up in the house. We have both gained jobs in Adelaide but no money to actually make the move unless we sell our home first.

Nevertheless we just want to get to Adelaide and waiting for the house to sell could take ages and cutting us up inside. So we went to the bank and have arranged to go on interest only mortgage until we sell our house etc. This means that our mortgage has gone from £440 per month to £229.42 thus a saving of £210.58 per month. So we made the decision to bite the bullet today and we have now booked and paid for our flights to Adelaide for the 8th February 2010 with Cathay Pacific from Heathrow - Hong Kong - Adelaide. The full price we paid for five Adults £505.00 per person one way, totalling £2520.00. Their website is: www.economytravels.co.uk

Jane the wife will start her job soon as we get their and I will start mine after we have sorted the kids out and settled a bit better. We will pay for this mortgage of £229.42 whilst in Adelaide and the leave the keys with the estate agents and let them show people around. We just thought with both of us gaining suitable employment why are we sitting here with winter arriving, when we should just go for it at least we will be earning fairly soon and its summer over in Adelaide. Plus ideal time for our 11 year old daughter to start school.

Our problem is though we have no money saved up now because we have paid for our flights. We will have to save up now to send our furniture over and have set up fees for when we arrive. But we have got $5000 in a National Australian Bank Account on our arrival. I have also applied for AOA and the Meet and Greet Service, hopefully this will help us financially and settle much quicker. Financially we are worried but the suspense of just waiting and waiting and waiting for our house to be sold is torture, especially when we thought we had it sold, etc.

Underneath I am also very worried that we may not have enough money, but I am still trying to be very positive, especially in front of my other family members. But still excited (weird eh)?

Once we have settled we are going to try the Barbie thing, so everyone is invited, especially kids around the age of 21, 17 and 11 yrs old, so my kids can gain somemates, oh! and their parents for the wife and I lol.

Well if it makes u feel any better when we came over we had no money either and no house to sell ! no jobs ......... just us and 3 kids lol

and yes it was hard but not as hard for us as some i would imagine,

It'll all work out you'll see ... sometimes u just have to go for it !

Good luck :)

Guest caoimhe

Sometimes you've just got to bite the bullet. Having jobs here is the biggest hurdle, took us 3 months to get jobs so although we sold our house at home we had to live on its profit for 3 months. Knowing you both have jobs to come too should be a bit of relief and everyone seems to get paid weekly or fortnightly here so it shouldn't be too long before you get that 1st pay packet.

Good luck to you all

Guest Mrs DizzyRascal

Hi we left our house in uk too, but glad now as exchange rate so poor, let us know when u arrive and we'll get together for drinks we're in the Coromandel area been here 4 5 months. We're originally from Devon Kids get homesick sometimes but we're loving this weather.

Nick 38

Sarah 37

Harry 14

Mariah

Shea 6xx

Hi

Good luck Tony and Co, am sure you're making the right decision - new year, new country, new life and all that! Can I be nosey and ask if nothing came of the guy who had said he wanted to buy your house though? Have you considered renting it out? If there are any big companies near you, might be worth a call to their HR department to see if they ever have to rent places for company executives etc.

Good luck with the last minute preparations anyway.

Diane

We're with you 100%! We're leaving in two weeks as need to validate by 27th November and our house fell through two weeks ago. All equity tied up in the house but we think a major miracle might have happened which will help us. Just go for it - we are with 3 kids and NO jobs (but some family there in case of emergency which I know is as good as a job in the beginning.)

Liz

Tony,

What you have gone through to actually get your visa I can't see a problem for you. We arrived with just the money we flogged the car for the day prior to us flying out. Only Tracey had a job lined up. She started 2 weeks after landing. With your attitude and both of you with jobs lined up you will be fine.

There will be a few cold ones in our fridge for you when you arrive. We started out here with nothing and are far better off here than we ever were in the UK. If we can help you out with anything just ask.

Heres to a new life for you guys.

Pete

Guest Team 'W'

boxer tony

just go for it !

you.ve got jobs too come to ,you.ve passed the biggest hurdle .I know you wanted the housesold, but if the option to rent is there is will ease your mind just a little bit.

but good on yer mate ,i hope you do bite the bullet and wish you all the luck in the world .

give us a shout an let us know when u arrive if your close wud luv to meet up.

either way once you get here you will know if you.ve made the right decision you will fall in love with the place like we have....

hi tony :)

we came over with no savings at all and we couldnt sell our house either, the only thing we did have was my hubby's job! ....2 months on we are both working, have a fab rental house, have rented our old house and are much better off than we were in the uk! It was tough (especially when we couldnt rent the house and had to pay the mortgage in the uk) but we got through it and it was worth it!

Good luck with everything - you will love it here! :D

Allie

Hi we left our house in uk too, but glad now as exchange rate so poor, let us know when u arrive and we'll get together for drinks we're in the Coromandel area been here 4 5 months. We're originally from Devon Kids get homesick sometimes but we're loving this weather.

Nick 38

Sarah 37

Harry 14

Mariah

Shea 6xx

Yes Nick will definitely take you up on your offer of a few drinks, keep in touch will you.

Tony

Hi

Good luck Tony and Co, am sure you're making the right decision - new year, new country, new life and all that! Can I be nosey and ask if nothing came of the guy who had said he wanted to buy your house though? Have you considered renting it out? If there are any big companies near you, might be worth a call to their HR department to see if they ever have to rent places for company executives etc.

Good luck with the last minute preparations anyway.

Diane

The house sale fell through the guy had a major car accident and he no longer wants our property. Regarding renting we looked in to it and it works out to much money for us as our mortgage would goe to a buy to let mortgage which means our rate goes from 3.5% to 4.75% plus extra expenses of estate agent fees to look after our property and also we will have to pay tax on the money we recieve for renting our property out.

Tony,

What you have gone through to actually get your visa I can't see a problem for you. We arrived with just the money we flogged the car for the day prior to us flying out. Only Tracey had a job lined up. She started 2 weeks after landing. With your attitude and both of you with jobs lined up you will be fine.

There will be a few cold ones in our fridge for you when you arrive. We started out here with nothing and are far better off here than we ever were in the UK. If we can help you out with anything just ask.

Heres to a new life for you guys.

Pete

Pete thanks ever so much for with kind words and support. I cannot wait to meet up with fellow members of PIA, everyone I have came into contact with have been ever so great with me, providing some great advice and assistance. Open to any BBQ's hint hint lol.

boxer tony

just go for it !

you.ve got jobs too come to ' date='you.ve passed the biggest hurdle .I know you wanted the housesold, but if the option to rent is there is will ease your mind just a little bit.

but good on yer mate ,i hope you do bite the bullet and wish you all the luck in the world .

give us a shout an let us know when u arrive if your close wud luv to meet up.

either way once you get here you will know if you.ve made the right decision you will fall in love with the place like we have....[/quote']

Another meet up good one team w. Better get a diary

Guest Nicky&Andy

so sorry to hear about the house sale, we are thinking of doing the same but havnt quite took the plung yet, at least you will all go together, im sure its the right way to go,

hopefully you may still get the sale before you go, (fingers crossed for you) there are buyers out there, trouble is they are all looking for a bargain buy good luck anyway

Guest mayjess

You both will be perfectly fine, both have jobs to go to, thats the biggest hurdle over, & renting the house will prove better in the end as when the house prices increase, you can then sell make some dosh!

I am so jealous, wish we had a job to go to, even one of us, I would`nt hesitate to move back asap then.

Be Brave & go for it

GOOD LUCK

Mayjess

Guest The Dimmocks

I'm sure it will all work out. Like others have said you got jobs so at least you know money going to be coming in. If we could find a job for hubby we wouldn't hesitate leaving the house up for sale and coming over.

Good luck and hope you get some interest before you leave.

Michelle

Guest kelv&haley

hi ya we didnt sell house either,so rented it insread maybe consider this option? we have 3 young kids,no jobs to come to and little money saved as ours is in the house too,but 2 weeks in we have a car,a house to move into next week and oh starts work this week to,its scary but it will all come together,good luck ,haley

Great attitude!! Well done, and with the jobs lined up already, you'll be right as they say here!!! Good work and good luck. And you never know still 4 months till you leave, you might just sell in time, and you'd deserve it too, with all the ups and downs you have had, and still come out smiling in the end. Always beers in our fridge too mate.

Guest The Steeles In Adelaide

Hi boxer tony,

just do it. We did and arrived 11 months ago with $7000 and nothing else now we have house full of furniture and 2 cars, much better life especially for my kids! Good luck for the move

Dave

Hi Tony

Sorry to hear that the house fell through, but glad that you have decided to go for it.

I'm sure that everything will work out for you all here.

I'll have to get you and your Nathan up to meet with the lads for a game of footy (and a few beers afterwards) on a Wednesday night.

Howard, thanks for the football invite, will defintely take you up on the football, but beware Nathan has been a professional footballer since he was 16 years old, he has been on the books for Hartlepool, Darlington, Grimsby and Burnley. I am currently going through some contacts for Nathan to gain a trial with Adelaide United. I use to coach for Burnley between 1988 to 1990 and always coached and trained Sunday league youth teams. but personally a crap fooballer. Never really went any further into Football as I turned professional in boxing and was a pro for ten years.

Because I live in Newcastle upon Tyne and my Nathan lives in Burnley I never get the chance to watch him play, even though he is currently injured with the groin, cannot wait for him to join a club and watch him play at the weekends, at least no more freezing mornings in January watching him play football, better start using soccer instead.

Keep in touch and the best thing to do is to remind me nearer the time, as you probably aware I have alot on my mind at the moment. Keep in mate!