Moving abroad

Guest nikkiandlee

Guest nikkiandlee

Hi,

Did anyone see the news yesterday with regards to people leaving the UK?

"Figures from the Office for National Statistics indicate that some 385,000 people left the UK for the long term in the year to mid-2006. Some 196,000 of those were British citizens."

link to story is http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6959492.stm this man move to Italy (i think).

I wonder if the government will start or are questioning why!!? :arghh:

Nikki

XX

I too saw this....i cant wait to add myself to that number pesonally!!:biglaugh:

England is over taxed, over expensive, over crowded and this :policeman:stupid human rights laws that look after the criminal and not the victim....! We all know its not all rosey over there....but i cant be worse!

I know everyone is diferent, we have our own reasons for goin, but listening to other ppl most are the same....BETTER WAY OF LIFE....some thing that wont happen here!

Good Luck all!!!:jiggy:

Dan and Steph

Guest Django

I was listening to a radio show today and the host asked 'why are people leaving?'

A bloke phoned in and put it brilliantly. He put it something like this....

If there are 2 companies making the same thing. The 1st company only employed skilled workers that could prove their skills. Applicants for jobs also had to have police checks and a medical. They also had to prove who their identity which was checked before they even got an interview.

The 2nd company had a policy of those that applied for the job first got the gig.

The questions then are which company would make the best profit? And which would be the better place to work?

If you applied the same phylosophy (spelling:goofy:) to a country's immigration policy you can see why people want to go to places like Australia and not stay in the UK.

Pete

Guest stufi1997
Hi,

"Figures from the Office for National Statistics indicate that some 385,000 people left the UK for the long term in the year to mid-2006. Some 196,000 of those were British citizens."

link to story is http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6959492.stm this man move to Italy (i think).

Nikki

XX

They won't even notice, once all the skilled brit's emigrate ,the ones that are willing to stay will all be on the dole, because we won't work for 3 quid an hour, but there are plenty immigrant's who are.! question is can the country carry on like this and does it even affect the councilors and politicion's....?:goofy: i think things will get a lot worse before it gets better :skeptical:

yep, i saw it too.

and they also mentioned despite the 385.000 people having left the uk last year - another 578.000 emigrated TO the uk which was +0.6% of population

can you imagine how it will be in the near future - overcrowded!!!

Guest ali@51

Their are bits about britan that I really love and Im sure theire will be bits abut AU that irritate, but I think that the uk I really loved is probably somewhere in the early 80's. where in the summer you and your mates could pack your lunch and spend the day in the woods swimming and climbing trees and beeing kids and not get home till tea and your parents wernt worried sick!!!!!! U couldnt do that now as the wood is much smaller full of perverts and druggies and the river to dirty:mad:.I want to live somewhere where He who shouts loudest dosent always get what he wants where My neighbour dosent get into strife with the police for throwing a 16 year old out of his own back garden. Where commen sense on the whole rules not Political Corectness gone mad. Where the country can through a non english convicted murderer out of the country and not be told it is agains his human rights and that they cant by a silly european law! I want to live somewhere that people are admired for what they have done with the hand they were delt not excusd for discrasfull behaivior because they made bad decisions or were unlucky enough to have a bad start in life.I could go on and on. Will I find utopia in oz probably not but I hope I will find somwhere that is a bit closer to my Ideal for me and my family because the uk dosent come anywhere close and is moving furter away by the day:wacko:

Thats why I want out a better life for me the kids and OH

hear endeth my rant:chatterbox: (for now:))

Hi,

Nikki

XX

Everyone has their reasons for wanting to move away and will never knock anyone for giving it a go.

The UK is and always will be a stunning place with places to visit, things to see. You can be in a city or town and within a short time driving be in some stunning countryside.

The reasons people are going is that most are fed up working and saving to try to give themselves a better standard of living, it seems a constant battle of more work to keep heads above water and still watching more go out than comes in.

Its crazy all the news lately of gun crimes and stabbings and the general response from all the "tree huggers" and do gooders is that trouble is caused by lack of things to do, youth clubs being shut, no prospects. Well to me that is just utter crap. Life is and always has been what you are prepared to make it. I have had the unfortunate privilage in working in alot of places where i am working 9+hours a day while the people in the houses sit on the rear end on their brand new leather sofas, watching their new Hd plasma TV's smikong about 40 fags a day and drinking copious amounts of alcohol and then they have the cheek to say "that they are paying for the works with their rent" Well im sorry perhaps if they had to get of thier backsides and stop this stupid thing that they cant afford to come of benefits as they are better off on the dole than working the amount of Decent skilled people leaving the uk would probably reduce.

As for this human rights crap if someone commits a crime im sorry why should they be entitled to any rights!! In the uk a terrorist is treated on NHS costing thousands of pounds. Why? should be left to suffer but "oh no" its against human rights". In oz a suspect and only a suspect at that is sent packing! Sums it up i think!

Australia is far from perfect but id prefer to have to go somewhere that the people who want to work are rewarded and those that dont just have to put up and shut up and not have someone from amnestity international complaining about rights. To make a better life for my family i am going to Oz to work not sit and wait for handouts cause they aint coming!

Is it any wonder the good honest skills are going!