First sea evacuation today.....

HEAPS GOOD !!!

Popped down the the beach the see the mrs and the lil ones today, and were just chatting about how the Aussies are with sharks and i said they just seem to take it in their stride, when we saw the WestPac chopper coming into sight from Aldinga way.

It stopped then started hovering getting lower and lower, then its siren went off and they radiod the Life saver inflatable life craft to assist, surf rescue then went and set off the alarm at the surf club....everyone left the water very calmy and quite slowly might i add.

It lasted for about 15/20 mins then the chopper left and they turned the alarm, then there was a very weird sense on the beach like should hey go back in or not....none the less people returned to the water pretty soon.

All in all it was an experience, and might i add it wnt put me off going into the sea...

HG

Popped down the the beach the see the mrs and the lil ones today, and were just chatting about how the Aussies are with sharks and i said they just seem to take it in their stride, when we saw the WestPac chopper coming into sight from Aldinga way.

It stopped then started hovering getting lower and lower, then its siren went off and they radiod the Life saver inflatable life craft to assist, surf rescue then went and set off the alarm at the surf club....everyone left the water very calmy and quite slowly might i add.

It lasted for about 15/20 mins then the chopper left and they turned the alarm, then there was a very weird sense on the beach like should hey go back in or not....none the less people returned to the water pretty soon.

All in all it was an experience, and might i add it wnt put me off going into the sea...

HG

Aye, we were at the other end of the beach but our seven year old said he saw a fin. Wishful thinking but he shouldn't have been shouting "shark" repeatedly as we were leaving the water. The boy who cried wolf needs retelling to him!

Cooler

Guest nishman

I was discussing this with a mate from the uk this week - he thinks I'm bonkers to even think about dipping a toe into the shark infested waters out there LOL!

That eerie feeling is right, when they say it's all clear. Everyone kind of looks at eachother waiting for the one who's going to make the first move.