Saw my first Red back

antlet

Saw my first Red Back - been here a year and have seen way less spiders than I would have at home:biglaugh:

Which is such a good thing since I've always been petrified of them:shocked:

What I want to know is..........are Red backs lonesome or come in hoards??? not seen a Huntsman yet either, I know they are harmless but pray I don't gete to meet one either:shocked::shocked:

Also, how can something so small kill ya! the little git took 3 attempts to kill.......

Guest The Pickles

I saw my first Red Back in our garden yesterday, nice looking spider but not great to have so close so unfortunately she got rather a lot of sprays with the Mortein and you're right, she took a while to give in!

Guest kangomik

you only need a little spray then wait a few minutes.

You don't see lots of them together, and they usually stay out of the way, just be carefull when lifting things around the garden, they tend to be just under the edges of things (Hence the toilet stories) they like dark cool places.

They will make you crook if they bite you. though apparently the males (small ones) dont have long enough fangs/teeth to peirce your skin. So once again its the bad tempered mares that you have to be wary of.

I see around five or six red backs a day hiding in letterboxes. Luckily for me I quite like spiders. My phobia is snakes. I saw my first one slithering in front of me a couple of weeks back.