Emigrating in Feb - Urgent Operation Needed ASAP.

Boxertony

To all those members who are aware that out flights are booked for the Monday 8th February 2010. I have been having chest pains for several months now therefore I have been having some tests via the hospital. At this moment in time I have a tube up my nose and it goes down to my stomach and its bloody horrible.

What I am aware of after having two Endoscopies, a Barium Meal and a Bernstein Test. That I have got a Sliding Hiatus Hernia, Swallon Esophagus, Antral Gastritis and Ulcers. I think I will need an operation but I am trying my best to get it done before emigate on the 8th February 2010.

I start to beleive that everything is going in the right direction and now my bloody health gets in the way. I do not have much money to emigrate with so I have been working and still working a lot of hours to gain as much money as possible, i just cannot afford to take time off. The consultant said to me that if its seriously damaged inside me then they will have to conduct a general surgery, which is 1 week stay in hospital and 4 months to recover. If not that serious then key hole surgery - couple of days in hospital and a month to recover.

Next year when I am extremely happy, tanned, good job, money, lovely home with swimming pool, kids settled this will be a distant memory lol

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez Tony!!!!! :shocked: I remember telling you way back the whole moving to Oz thing isn't easy, but you are really going all out to prove my point aren't you.

As said above...... sort yourself out fella. Australia isn't going anywhere. All the very best and keep us posted.

Guest Team 'W'

bloody hell tony, you dont do things by half!see thats your body tellin you it wont be able to cope with all the beer offers you,ve been inundated with,ha ha you get yourself sorted [OZ isnt goin anywhere]it wouldnt be fantastic if your not well enough to enjoy it. gud luck honey.....

Tony,

Not wishing to state the obvious but if you get travel insurance will it cover you in the worst case scenario and you can't make those flights? (Check the small print as well as its a pre existing condition before you part with any money for insurance). As others have said make sure you are all sorted before you come out her cos those first few weeks are stressful.

All the best

Lea

Guest katsmajic

I smashed my leg up (horrifically) 1month before we were due to fly out - Australia waited patiently for me to recover and we came out 7 months later once my surgeon allowed me to leave/fly.

Get fixed before you come out here - im lucky that im "very interesting" and have consultants queuing to treat me otherwise it would cost a fortune to get treated out here.