2 years today. :)

Andrew from Vista Financial

Well it was 2 years ago today that we stepped off the plane to start our new life in Adelaide.

The weather was much the same as today, there was a mini heatwave were it reached 35+ for 5 days in a row. Not much fun trecking around trying to sort out activating Bank accounts, medicare, accomodation, registering with job Agencies etc, lol.

Anyway things have started to slot in to place very nicely for us both. It has been a hard slog and still is at times trying to establish ourselves but we are both very happy.

We have met some really lovely people who have became great friends and virtually all from this great site, we bought a house in Happy Valley and think it is a lovely place and also very central to where we both need to be.

Still haven't had any family out to see us yet but Stacey's Mum is due out in March so she is really looking forward to that. I have found a gym locally much like the one I use to go to back home so am becoming a gym junky again, can't believe how early people go out here, I got there a 7am the other morning thinking I was being keen, the car park was packed, put me to shame.

Anyway all in all we are very happy to have made the move, we really like Adelaide and I think without this site things would have been much much harder.

Andy

Are you sure about that? This is the first time ever we have had this run of 35+ in November.

Pretty sure that's what they said at the time and it felt like it anyway, might have been 4 thinking about it, but hey all I know was it was bloody HOT!! :biglaugh:

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/current/month/sa/archive/200702.adelaide.shtml

Maximum temperature

The mean maximum temperature for February 2007 was 32.9°C, 3.7°C above the normal February mean maximum of 29.2°C. This has been the warmest February mean maximum since 1906 when it averaged 33.0°C. In contrast the February mean maximum last year was 27.2°C.

In addition, there were 17 days with a maximum temperature above 30°C this February, 5 days above the average number of 12. There were 10 days where the maximum temperature reached 35°C or more, double the average. The highest maximum temperature was 41.5°C on the 17th.

Some sites had their highest February mean daily maximum temperature on record.

Pretty sure that's what they said at the time and it felt like it anyway, might have been 4 thinking about it, but hey all I know was it was bloody HOT!! :biglaugh:

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/current/month/sa/archive/200702.adelaide.shtml

Maximum temperature

The mean maximum temperature for February 2007 was 32.9°C, 3.7°C above the normal February mean maximum of 29.2°C. This has been the warmest February mean maximum since 1906 when it averaged 33.0°C. In contrast the February mean maximum last year was 27.2°C.

In addition, there were 17 days with a maximum temperature above 30°C this February, 5 days above the average number of 12. There were 10 days where the maximum temperature reached 35°C or more, double the average. The highest maximum temperature was 41.5°C on the 17th.

Some sites had their highest February mean daily maximum temperature on record.

It's not hot yet.....

Why did you just post Feb stats? Are we expecting another heatwave then?

Guest Vicks&Stu

I have only just seen your post - we just haven't had a lot of online time lately!

Well done for making the 2 years - glad you're both enjoying it.

And we're not surprised to hear you're a gym junkie again!!

Catch you both soon.

V&S