1 year in adelaide!!!

sue2oz

well we have been here a year last week and it has flew dont know where that year has gone! here goes my 12 update;

flew from manchester to dubia spent 5 nights there AMAZING place if you can GO we loved it best holiday ever, then we flew to melbourne and stayed there for 3 night we couldnt belive it rained when we landed there! then we flew to adelaide and stayed in the holiday shacks by aldinga beach for 5 weeks which i hated! we wasent looking at living in aldinga, we would drive around up north, west etc looking for a nice place to settle and eventually as the days went by i looked forward to coming back down to aldinga so we got a rental and stayed, the day we moved in was a great day we were so happy and then we had christmas which was quiet but nice we went to a meet-up on the beach swam in the sea!.

Kids got a shock when they joined school they seem so laidback and relaxed in their teaching, but when they went back and started a new year in january they settled right into it, now they are loving it they are always busy after school with sports clubs, soccer, tabletennis etc and its 99% free which is bloody good because if we was in the uk there would be a high price to pay for things like that.

my kids play out the have "heaps" of mates and are really enjoying living here, and thats what its all about THEM being happy, haha i even threaten them when they are playing up saying "your going back!"

Since being here david has started his own business ,mobile car repairs and hes doing really well so if anyone needs their car repairing pm me;)

ME well have joined playgroups, music groups, church, done a course for 9 weeks (free chidcare) at the community centre, have also put me cv in and have ask if they need any staff for creche/playgroup am happy to help out.

have learnt to drive while being here and was so proud when i passed my test:jiggy:went all down hill from there like hahahaha(i wont go into it!)

shopping is ok, i shop around i do coles, woolies and foodland whatever is on offer i pick it up its not too dear if you do it this way and being a large family you have too! LOL.

We shipped stuff over and to be honest sorry we did you can get some really cheap nice furniture here, you can get good deals and always haggle!!!.

we have met some amazing lovely people and will be friends for life no matter where we are in the world, we moved over to enjoy our family life and thats just whats happening everyday of every week we are spending it as a family just us or with are friends, i think we have more friends here than back home, dont get me wrong i have had panic attacks wanting to go home sometimes but these are less and less now, my family back home say "dont come back best thing you could have ever done" maybe they dont want us loonies back hehehehehe.

We have bought a house and we move in in 3 weeks, needs work doing to it but we can deal with that we are just happy that its OURS no more bloody house inspections hate them!!!

oh well so far so good as they say we are all loving it here and are here to stay for now:notworthy:

thanks for listening

sue xxx

well we have been here a year last week and it has flew dont know where that year has gone! here goes my 12 update;

flew from manchester to dubia spent 5 nights there AMAZING place if you can GO we loved it best holiday ever, then we flew to melbourne and stayed there for 3 night we couldnt belive it rained when we landed there! then we flew to adelaide and stayed in the holiday shacks by aldinga beach for 5 weeks which i hated! we wasent looking at living in aldinga, we would drive around up north, west etc looking for a nice place to settle and eventually as the days went by i looked forward to coming back down to aldinga so we got a rental and stayed, the day we moved in was a great day we were so happy and then we had christmas which was quiet but nice we went to a meet-up on the beach swam in the sea!.

Kids got a shock when they joined school they seem so laidback and relaxed in their teaching, but when they went back and started a new year in january they settled right into it, now they are loving it they are always busy after school with sports clubs, soccer, tabletennis etc and its 99% free which is bloody good because if we was in the uk there would be a high price to pay for things like that.

my kids play out the have "heaps" of mates and are really enjoying living here, and thats what its all about THEM being happy, haha i even threaten them when they are playing up saying "your going back!"

Since being here david has started his own business ,mobile car repairs and hes doing really well so if anyone needs their car repairing pm me;)

ME well have joined playgroups, music groups, church, done a course for 9 weeks (free chidcare) at the community centre, have also put me cv in and have ask if they need any staff for creche/playgroup am happy to help out.

have learnt to drive while being here and was so proud when i passed my test:jiggy:went all down hill from there like hahahaha(i wont go into it!)

shopping is ok, i shop around i do coles, woolies and foodland whatever is on offer i pick it up its not too dear if you do it this way and being a large family you have too! LOL.

We shipped stuff over and to be honest sorry we did you can get some really cheap nice furniture here, you can get good deals and always haggle!!!.

we have met some amazing lovely people and will be friends for life no matter where we are in the world, we moved over to enjoy our family life and thats just whats happening everyday of every week we are spending it as a family just us or with are friends, i think we have more friends here than back home, dont get me wrong i have had panic attacks wanting to go home sometimes but these are less and less now, my family back home say "dont come back best thing you could have ever done" maybe they dont want us loonies back hehehehehe.

We have bought a house and we move in in 3 weeks, needs work doing to it but we can deal with that we are just happy that its OURS no more bloody house inspections hate them!!!

oh well so far so good as they say we are all loving it here and are here to stay for now:notworthy:

thanks for listening

sue xxx

Hey Sue,

Wow you seemed to havesettled really quickly, good on ya!

better than our first year lol, well done on your hubby going it alone.

Laura xxx:)

sue thanks for sharing! what a great first year!!!

glad the kids settled, that business is up and running, that you've got a house and that you sound settled too - here's for many many more happy years :D

Guest mayjess

Arrrhhh thats a lovely post, glad everyones happy, so wish we had that type of start when we 1 st went, it made me laugh when you mentioned about house inspections, I used to stay out the whole day on our inspection as we didnt tell them we got a little dog, so i used to take him the beach for the day until i got the call they had been & gone haha,

good luck with the next 12 mths Sue

Mayjess

• 2 weeks later...