right place at the right time

Guest Trakki

Well as the title says it pays to be in the right place at the right time. I have been looking half heartedly for a new job, I love my job at the women and childrens but now Kian has come along the shifts just don't work. I decided to email a company that provides home nursing to see if they took on childrens nurses. I was not sure if they would as I am only childrens trained and the RDNS told me they would not have enough work.

ANyway I emailed them on Sunday, monday I get an email saying they are just recruiting asking me to forward them my CV, this I did, Tuesday I get a phone call and have a chat with the lady about the job, she then said, I need to speak to my line manager I will get back to you. 20 mins later the phone rings asking me to go in for an interview today. 330 had interview and walk out with job offer!! omg how fast was that, I didn't really want to go back to work until March but surviving on Petes wages with 5 children is hard and didn't see the point in staying at home with no money to do anything with the children when I could go to work, 3 days a week and then have quality time with the kids.

SO from a inquiry about a job to getting the job, 3 days!!! The best part is that it is a case so-ordinator post so is office based and I can work the 10-630 shift 3 days a week, no nights ever again! woohoo.

You probably aren't the slightest bit interested but had to share it with someone as can't put it on facebook yet as my boss doesn't know and all work friends on there!!:arghh:

we have been extremely lucky between us we have applied for 3 jobs and got all three since being here

Guest cunnah10
Well as the title says it pays to be in the right place at the right time. I have been looking half heartedly for a new job, I love my job at the women and childrens but now Kian has come along the shifts just don't work. I decided to email a company that provides home nursing to see if they took on childrens nurses. I was not sure if they would as I am only childrens trained and the RDNS told me they would not have enough work.

ANyway I emailed them on Sunday, monday I get an email saying they are just recruiting asking me to forward them my CV, this I did, Tuesday I get a phone call and have a chat with the lady about the job, she then said, I need to speak to my line manager I will get back to you. 20 mins later the phone rings asking me to go in for an interview today. 330 had interview and walk out with job offer!! omg how fast was that, I didn't really want to go back to work until March but surviving on Petes wages with 5 children is hard and didn't see the point in staying at home with no money to do anything with the children when I could go to work, 3 days a week and then have quality time with the kids.

SO from a inquiry about a job to getting the job, 3 days!!! The best part is that it is a case so-ordinator post so is office based and I can work the 10-630 shift 3 days a week, no nights ever again! woohoo.

You probably aren't the slightest bit interested but had to share it with someone as can't put it on facebook yet as my boss doesn't know and all work friends on there!!:arghh:

we have been extremely lucky between us we have applied for 3 jobs and got all three since being here

Fan Bloody Tastic Tracey....... Go Girl!!!!! Made up for you & WELL DONE!!!!! xxxxx

this IS great news!!

i can hear it already - ca'ching ca'ching ca'ching and your wallets will be full .. well fuller lol - and no more NIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jiggy:

i am so happy for you - well done for taking the initiative!!!!!

THanks Susi, I am well excited, only inquired if they took peads nurses and now I got a job!!

Nathan, theres no shop I do them from home, if our mum wants me to do one get her to pm me and I will give her details

I am really pleased for you Tracey - I need t ind myself a job with those hours - dothey need a RGN/Midwife????:biglaugh:

Guest caoimhe

Just proves that good nurses are needed and wanted every where.......

So pleased for you both, As I have said before you came to Oz with no expectations except that it should be better than the UK for your kids, you are getting the Aussie dream you deserve.......hard work pays off. Hope to catch up in the summer holidays. XXX

Guest caoimhe
do u do birthday cakes

I've never tasted them but if they taste as good as they look they must be amazing :jiggy:

Tracey, you need to put some photos on here to show what you can do!!!!!!

Guest Guest75
I've never tasted them but if they taste as good as they look they must be amazing :jiggy:

The advertising will have to get past the mods though!!;);)

Guest Guest75
As I'M a mod and advertising a Mods wife will that be seen as direct advertising:biglaugh:....yup, probably

It will give someone a chance to moan I'm sure - but hey what the heck..........

Don't care,don't care,don't care........

Let's be supportive of folk giving it a go, folk who help others without question, folk who help and contribute to this very helpful forum........ ( Tracey - you halo can slip at any time - might have to widen those doors);)

well done hun, so is the job where i work at RDNS? if so welcome aboard xx:)

Hi clare, its with HSS, RDNS weren't interested as I am only paeds trained.

I am really pleased for you Tracey - I need t ind myself a job with those hours - dothey need a RGN/Midwife????:biglaugh:

Lindsey they are always looking and do employ midwives aswell as RN's, can give you contact details if you want

I would put some photos in the advertising section but haven't worked out how to get pics on here yet!!!!

Thanks everyone for your congrats I am made up and probably start on 21st Dec, but won't work Chrimbo as will be on orientation!!:)

Hi clare, its with HSS, RDNS weren't interested as I am only paeds trained.

Lindsey they are always looking and do employ midwives aswell as RN's, can give you contact details if you want

I would put some photos in the advertising section but haven't worked out how to get pics on here yet!!!!

Thanks everyone for your congrats I am made up and probably start on 21st Dec, but won't work Chrimbo as will be on orientation!!:)

Congratulations :)

I work for HSS (casually) as a CC, so might see you there :)