Finally Run Out of Luck...

Guest thekings

Guest thekings

Our lucky streak was bound to end sooner or later, house sale fell through today :arghh:

Never mind, these things are sent to test us and happen for a reason.

On the plus side doing medicals this week so should have the visa soon, worse case scenario at the moment is that we'll have to fly out and validate visa if house doesn't sell in time. Sounds like an excuse for a holiday to me if it gets that far. Keep the barbie coals hot for us ;)

Guest The Dimmocks

Sorry to hear about house sale. We not having much luck :-( We leaving ours up for sale and are heading out 7th February. Hubby found a job and we really excited, just busy selling stuff and sorting out years of rubbish.

Michelle

Guest mayjess

I am so sorry to hear that, I think its awful the system for selling houses is here, to be able to drop out at the last minute is terrible, wish they would change the law on it all!!!!

Hope you get another buyer asap.

Mayjess

Our lucky streak was bound to end sooner or later, house sale fell through today :arghh:

On the plus side doing medicals this week so should have the visa soon, worse case scenario at the moment is that we'll have to fly out and validate visa if house doesn't sell in time. Sounds like an excuse for a holiday to me if it gets that far. Keep the barbie coals hot for us ;)

Sorry to read that, hopefully you'll get another buyer and complete soon.

Best of luck,

Cooler

Guest guest3462

Oh No!! So sorry to hear that. I hope you are not too down in the dumps. Fingers crossed for you that you get another buyer really soon. If not is it a possibility to rent it out and get here anyway? Thats what we did and we sold last month!!!

Good luck, have a lovely xmas xxx

Guest Guest75

I'm so sorry to hear your news:sad:

As said,the UK house selling legal system is ridiculous !!!!!

To be able to pull out at the last minute!!:mad:

Dunno what I can say to cheer you up but my thoughts are with you for a new buyer soon!!!:D

Sorry to hear about the house sale. Hopefully you will be lucky to sell it again without too much delay. We haven't even started on the selling ladder yet although we had our Visa approved last week. Good luck for Friday with the IELTS results. Sure you wont need it. Let us know how you do. Mine on Sat. which I am not looking forward to!

Guest thekings

Thanks everyone for those kind thoughts and words, I am still staying optimistic, we know we have a good house (we had 3 buyers fighting over it when we sold). Hopefully something will happen after Christmas, which in all fairness is when we were originally going to sell anyway.:)

Oh and Rob & Jane???? I posted results on another thread got them Friday:

Listening 9, reading 9, writing 8.5, talking 9, overall 9. Not bad with a suffolk accent too ;)

Congratulations - those scores are some to beat:notworthy:

My fear is listening to how they are speaking and not what they are saying and then not knowing what the answer is!! :huh: Will find out soon enough. Only have to wait a week for the results due to christmas, so watch this space on 18th! Off to practice.....

Jane

Guest thekings

Hi Jane, I too was worried about the listening one, as at the moment there is so much going on in my head I've not been a terribly good listener of late. You just need to empty your mind for the day and pay attention lol easier said than done. I think there are some practice listening tests on the web if you want to try them.

Good luck, you'll be fine :D

Guest thekings
If not is it a possibility to rent it out and get here anyway?

Thought about it, we still got a bit of time though and it sold quick before (its a bit of a show home, even though Tina insists that its always a mess lol), keeping fingers crossed.

Dunno what I can say to cheer you up

How about " the fish will still be here when you eventually arrive" :biglaugh:;)

Guest angiestaff

i'm so sorry that the sale fell through, i know exactly how ur feeling (ours fell through more than once! :realmad:)

well done for managing to keep a positive attitude...what doesn't kill ya makes u stronger!! lol

ange x

Thats pretty damn awful news guys.....i am sure it will all come good keep the faith...:)

HG

Guest Guest75
Thought about it, we still got a bit of time though and it sold quick before (its a bit of a show home, even though Tina insists that its always a mess lol), keeping fingers crossed.

How about " the fish will still be here when you eventually arrive" :biglaugh:;)

They will be- don't worry.

Stuff just really starting to bite.

The way we are going I'd worry about 2015 though!!!:biglaugh:

Guest LOOBYLOO

Sorry to hear your news. It's about time they changed the system in England. We sold our house in Scotland and the purchasers had to sign missives (within 4 weeks of offer) - they were then locked into a contract and if they didn't complete they would have to pay re-advertising costs/compensation etc. We sold in October 08 and booked flights immediately (arrived 30 Nov 08). Sale completed Jan 09 with no problems. Sick of hearing that people pull out at the last minute - it ruins the dream!

Guest thekings
They will be- don't worry.

Stuff just really starting to bite.

The way we are going I'd worry about 2015 though!!!:biglaugh:

I know what'll happen....I'll get over there go fishing and all I'll get is "I can't understand it....we were catching loads last week" :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest Guest75
I know what'll happen....I'll get over there go fishing and all I'll get is "I can't understand it....we were catching loads last week" :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Errrm, that has happened before :err:

Guest Guest75
Yeh every time i go out with Tyke and Das Boot....:mad::biglaugh::biglaugh:

HG

Oi! - not fair !!

We did get some stuff last week - especially the Tommie that decided to put blood splatter over all the area you were fishing.

Not been out since - Andrew is going out tomorrow but I have other things to do I'm afraid:arghh:

Oi! - not fair !!

We did get some stuff last week - especially the Tommie that decided to put blood splatter over all the area you were fishing.

Not been out since - Andrew is going out tomorrow but I have other things to do I'm afraid:arghh:

Was only kidding man....:wubclub:.....that be an ace name for as boat tho DAS BOOT !!!

Cnt wait to get out again.....

HG