Haggle

Guest Murphysegg

Guest Murphysegg

I keep seeing the advert on tv, but has anyone been to Haggle & actually Haggled? Even if youv'e only bought one item?

Iv'e only been there a couple of times, but got the impression that the last thing the staff want to do is.:err:Haggle !

I keep seeing the advert on tv, but has anyone been to Haggle & actually Haggled? Even if youv'e only bought one item?

Iv'e only been there a couple of times, but got the impression that the last thing the staff want to do is.:err:Haggle !

Mrs C bought mattresses and some beds from the Noarlunga store and she managed to haggle them down. Mind you, they probably did that to get rid of her:chatterbox:

Cooler

Guest Guest5035

We went years ago, saw a coffee table , its was marked as $95, so i offered $45, they said no way, i said i'm haggling as your advert requests, they said ok $75, i said no way how about $55, they said done!!

Stevo

I went to the Noarlunga store today to do a collection and i asked the guy on the loading bay if the bloke off the adverts was there, i had my kids with me( yes , school holidays, well at least i can take them with me if need be)..the guy took us through the shop and we met the man himself, My daughter was so pleased, he was a really nice guy and gave the kids a high five, it was his day off but he had popped in, i shoke his hand....ive met someone famous, i'm in awe!!!!!!!

Youve got to Haggle Haggle!!!!!!

Cool! Well sort of!

Simon:unsure:Well Chuffed!

Guest Libby1971

The first time I went in I asked what they would offer for cash and they came down a a bit which I accepted.

The next time I went in I was a bit cheeky. I found 3 rugs, the cheapest was $500 and in total it came to about $1700 and I offered something stupid like $900. Needless to say they weren't that happy. I got it to $1050 which I was happy with. I kept refusing to budge and it was only when I said that if he was going to be unreasonable (!!!!!!!) then I would do elsewhere. And I got it. By this time my OH had walked off, saying that I was making a scene, the kids were mortified that I was arguing with the man and my friend was stuck between appalled and impressed. Either way, when I got the price down, OH was much happier!

HOWEVER, while I would go back for rugs, I would not buy the furniture I did. Although it seemed a bargain, the dining table is of poor quality and I have had to replace it, grrrr.

You've got to haggle, haggle. You've got to, you've got to

• 2 months later...
Guest tinkham_lee

we have brought a lot from haggle, and have never paid the full price. we always ask what the lowest price they can do is. and if you buy more than one thing or pay cash you can get some good discounts. we recently brought a coffee table, tv table, bed and mattress. and got the price so low the mattress was practically free.