• Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Reasons to be cheerful....

22 times
      as for me...we spend i think almost same on food wether uk or here...our fortnightly shopping here is around $ 250-300 but thats including meats--- we buy big cuts of meats (pork and beef) and my hubby just cut them down into the sizes i need for cooking..we prefer it that way and find it cheap...we use the local or sunday markets to get the veggies..and fruits... and in a way u can barter the price... :) we never do shopping at coles as we find it dear! we also get branded stuff suck as kelloggs , weetabix, cheerios atc...and i think it wud be better if we stop comparing uk and oz..thats all i can comment ..thanks janey

This is a really interesting thread. I agree that you do have to go to more effort to save money on groceries. I was never a big fan of the big supermarkets like Tesco in the UK but shortly after moving here they became one of the things I missed most about home! We quickly learnt that Coles is an absolute rip-off so rarely shop there. One way we have managed to cut down our weekly food bill is by going to the weekly Fruit & Veg market at Gepp's Cross every Sunday morning. On the whole, the quality is much better than the supermarket and a fraction of the price. You pay $1 per adult to get in but you can save $$$$ by shopping there.
      Riponian likes this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums