seaford rise internet

Guest Wes Bloss

Guest Wes Bloss

to carry on from an old thread, I need help in reccomendations for good fairly quick reliable internet provider.

just to let u know, Optus have been crap, and I am cancelling, in fact tech support said they were suprised I could get on much at all as their map showed seaford rise as RED, meaning very high traffic, and also the tower that we connect to is over limit too. ok, so i can cancel and get a refund, but who to go with?

Adam is recomneded but for its great ADSL2 speeds and i think we can ony get normal ADSL here which is similar to the old 56k modem speeds I beleive.

I just want normal simple easy internet access!!!!!:arghh:

thanks for any help anyone can provide

We're with TPG up in Sheidow Park, excellent service and they did have an offer on for 100GB/month for $50. I looked at Adam too, but TPG were quicker to respond to my initial enquiry.

Phil

to carry on from an old thread, I need help in reccomendations for good fairly quick reliable internet provider.

just to let u know, Optus have been crap, and I am cancelling, in fact tech support said they were suprised I could get on much at all as their map showed seaford rise as RED, meaning very high traffic, and also the tower that we connect to is over limit too. ok, so i can cancel and get a refund, but who to go with?

Adam is recomneded but for its great ADSL2 speeds and i think we can ony get normal ADSL here which is similar to the old 56k modem speeds I beleive.

I just want normal simple easy internet access!!!!!:arghh:

thanks for any help anyone can provide

Adam internet mate, hamds down..they even do a package now that gets into internet blackspots...

http://www.adam.com.au/

HG

Guest Wes Bloss

thanks for your cmmts, ADAM seems very popular and for good reason, good service at good price, i really wanted the speed of ADSL2+ and even though I should connect to Seaford Exchange like many do, I am in a small sub section of seaford rise that is connected to a RIM, this seperates us from the usual access points, typical huh, so I cant get ADSL2+ or Naked DSL (which is pretty much the same but omits the need for an existing phone line and provides phone service inclusive, optimising internet - phone plug directly into modem). I will have to do with ADSL 1, basic level, but this is better than nothing, of course I need to get a land line first and guess this will be through our old frined Telstra.

There is a new package coming out soon, Adam MAX which is ADSL2+ speed but not though phone line but through transmitter to a reciever installed on your room, costs starts from 750$ no contract down to around $200 approx on 24m cotract. And apparently if I couldnt get ADSL the man at ADAM said I could be legible for the governments Guarantted Broadband Promise, but I am not sure about the paperwork, probably long winded, so I guess I will be ADSL for now and hope when I move in the next 12m to land somewhere with good access.:nah:

We have Adam naked adsl2 at our Port Noarlunga houses and the speed is rubbish compared to the speed at the Old Reynella house. We have also had a Telstra adsl2 connection for over 2 years but are in the process of cancelling it...just waiting for an available exchange at the Lonsdale exchange. We haven't had any problems with Telstra but am presently p'd off by the poor customer service. If you take out a new Telstra adsl subscription you get the first year half price. I contacted them and said that I would sign up for another 24 months for a half price first year....I was told no way...the deal only applicable to new customers. Well Telstra...your service to existing customers sucks so Adam gets another contract. We swop a 25 gig cap for a 50 gig and lose the landline. The saving will be $60 per month.

Guest guest569

We just use a Bigpond unlimited package and its fine. maybe if your running a busines from home you might need better but if its like me( e-mail, skype, facebook and forums) then i can't fault it.:goofy:

We have not had any problems with our Telsta service. Our only issue now is cost. New subscibers get a year at half price but existing customers like me get nothing...they won't let me sign up for another 2 years as it's an offer to attract new customers. Apart from that i am happy with our Telstra adsl !

• 1 month later...