We have a Case Officer

Guest Andrea&Andrew

Guest Andrea&Andrew

Yahooooo!!!! :D

We go a Case Officer yesterday. They are requesting medicals and police checks, but the medicals are already in Sydney and police checks have already been sent to our CO by our agent.

Hopefully won't been too long now :jiggy:

Andrea and Andrew

Guest jonpercy

Wow thats great! You have put my mind at rest with that last post. I am in a similar position and have been hearing horror storys on case officer waiting times. I send my visa application in June and they took payment on the 28th of June and since then i have heard nothing. I have done my medicals and police checks before being asked to do them and now i have to wait.

Hope everthing moves fast for you

JP and Sam

Guest The Guvnor

Congratulations! Hope the move goes really well for you. What are you hoping to do for work once you get there? We're living in Huddersfield and am awaiting a case officer too but it may be a while yet due to the visa we've requested. Best of luck with your new life!!

Guest Rachael

had this from our agent today, got bored of waiting so wanted to find out if anything was happening:

We have received the first acknowledgment confirming receipt as at 17th July and payment of the application fee. In about 4-6 weeks time, after the admin people have initially validated your documents, we should receive a formal receipt with your unique file reference number. Once we have this, you could crack on with police and medical checks although your file won't yet have been allocated to a case officer for assessment. The usual queue time, by the way, from submitting the application to receiving the formal request for police and medical checks, has been running at about 5 months, but then we got one back yesterday that had only been in the queue 3.5 months, so it can vary for no apparent reason. We will talk to you about this again when we receive the file reference.

Hopefully will moving along soon!

R

Guest Aussiebound
had this from our agent today, got bored of waiting so wanted to find out if anything was happening:

We have received the first acknowledgment confirming receipt as at 17th July and payment of the application fee. In about 4-6 weeks time, after the admin people have initially validated your documents, we should receive a formal receipt with your unique file reference number. Once we have this, you could crack on with police and medical checks although your file won't yet have been allocated to a case officer for assessment. The usual queue time, by the way, from submitting the application to receiving the formal request for police and medical checks, has been running at about 5 months, but then we got one back yesterday that had only been in the queue 3.5 months, so it can vary for no apparent reason. We will talk to you about this again when we receive the file reference.

Hopefully will moving along soon!

R

Hi

Thanks for all the info. Hopefully we will not be waiting to long to hear something now.

Notice your other half is also a welder, neil is a welder supervisor, TRA classed him as a metal fabricator.

Good Luck with your visa.

Sarah

Guest happy-jools

Hey Andrew & Andrew

Im so exited by this news for purely selfish reasons. I remember talking to you at the Leeds meet from the yellow screen and we were at similar timelines.

We sent our application 11.05.07.

Had acknowledgement 10.08.07.

So hopefully if all goes to plan we should have a case officer in a couple of weeks if we follow your timelines. (I LIVE IN HOPE)

We too have front loaded meds and Police Checks.

:notworthy:

Guest LOUISE HANNAH
Yahooooo!!!! :D

We go a Case Officer yesterday. They are requesting medicals and police checks, but the medicals are already in Sydney and police checks have already been sent to our CO by our agent.

Hopefully won't been too long now :jiggy:

Andrea and Andrew

Hello Andrea & Andrew,

We are excited, we have just been appointed our case officer aswell, it looks as if your proceedure with things has taken the same time as ours.

Have you made any decisions on which area you would like to live in yet ?

Louise (38)

Chris (38)

Stephen (14)

Jack (11)

Guest Andrea&Andrew
Hello Andrea & Andrew,

We are excited, we have just been appointed our case officer aswell, it looks as if your proceedure with things has taken the same time as ours.

Have you made any decisions on which area you would like to live in yet ?

Louise (38)

Chris (38)

Stephen (14)

Jack (11)

Hi Louise,

Have you also frontloaded your meds and police checks?

Not sure where we want to be at the moment. All depends where Andrew gets a job (fingers crossed).

Andrea :v_SPIN:

Guest LOUISE HANNAH
Hi Louise,

Not sure where we want to be at the moment. All depends where Andrew gets a job (fingers crossed).

Hi Andrea,

Yes we had the meds & police checks done in July also, Im beginning to get quite nervous now !!!. My husband Chris has his own construction firm here, but he is :notworthy:appyling for a skilled visa as a drainer, so where we live depends on work also. its a big decision. I would just like to get the kids settled in schools then ill be happy.

• 1 month later...
Guest LOUISE HANNAH
Hi Louise,

Hello,

Yes we did months ago, we have an agent sorting eveything out for us, I have just been in touch with him and we were told that they are just processing Januarys application, ours was lodged in May, so a few more months yet for us !!

Louise