We Arrive on Friday!!!!

Guest The Morleys

Guest The Morleys

Can't believe it's finally happening! We Fly from Manchester on Wednesday and arrive in Adelaide on Friday Morning...

We are all really excited now, but it feels like dream, doesn't feel real at all.

Can't wait to feel the sun on my back and the sand between my toes

See you all soon

Nina, Marcus & Abigail

xxx

Guest the4hopes

We've been here just over a year and it still doesn't seem real! Enjoy leaving the UK and enjoy the flights these things will make your memories, so make them happy! Look forward to arriving here and starting a new life, it will take time but be patient and again enjoy it. Also try and get a group of friends from here, it really does help. Then other friends will be made through work and schools etc.

Laura

Guest fuji70

Enjoy it. But pace yourself, you think there was paperwork to do in the UK?? Welcome to Australia!! Take your time, hit the beach and put your feet up for a bit!

:)

Guest kellyp

All the best for your arrival and the busy times which lay ahead. You will certainly feel the sun on your back, think the weather forecast is 39 for Friday!!

Kelly

Ninamorley,

You could put the area you are going to be stopping in first.

This would allow people near you to get in contact so that you will have some support to ask all those awkward questions to.

Hope you have a safe and enjoyable flights over!

Ps feel free to contact us if you need any help.

We have only been here 7 weeks, So we are still going through the paper chase.

Rob and Mel

exciting times ahead :D

nice last days, have a safe journey and soon you'll be here.

i agree don't rush and try to do everything at once. do time to do fun things too :)

which area will you be in first?!?

Guest kangomik

Don't make any big decisions in your first week / 10 days, your head will not be in the best of places.

Get the city stuff done, then go exploring and enojoy.

Join the local library for internet access and local info.

Have a great flight, and bring the t shirts it's going to be warm.

The next few days will be a rollercoaster ride for you as you say your last goodbyes! I know that we could have backed out and stayed in Sunny Donny at any number of times in those last few weeks. Take it slowly when you arrive and expect that rollercoaster ride to continue for a time when you reach the other side, it exhausting both mentally and physically but all worthwhile. I will pm you my mobile number - get in touch if you need anything - where are you staying?? Just realised that you are a nurse so are my hubby and I - do you have a job lined up yet??? Is your profile picture Sandal Park??

Have a safe flight - Enjoy the ride!

Lindseyx

Guest guest3462

Enjoy your last few days and savour them dearly.

I agree with everyone that you should prepare to be dazzled when you get here, not only with the stark contrast in the weather (it knocked us for 10 this time last year!!) but in that there is so much to do and sort out!

We have a spare kettle and plates etc if you need to borrow them when you arrive, we're down in Aldinga Beach if youre coming south.

pm me and we can swap details.

All the very best and safe journey

Julia xxx

Guest cornish Busdriver

I kinda disagree with others when it come to taking it easy when you first arrive.

I would get straight out there and get the rental, phones and all the other stuff sorted straight away.

Within 3 hours of getting off the plane we were out looking at area's and viewing houses.

We managed to get the rental, phones, tfn, work start dates sorted in 2 days and the new furniture delivered and licence's changed during the week.

Though research and lots of it we already knew what area's we would want to live and how far the commute would be into work plus had to think about the dogs and walking off leash area's.

The paperwork aint that bad or confusing, just a pain sometimes.

So you can either procrastinate about things and put them off or get out there and get them done asap and have more time to enjoy your new life here.

Not saying this is how things should be done, just my opinion and what worked best woth the least amount of hassle for us.

I agree with the get things in motion asap...

My work licence for example took two weeks to meet the bloke at TAFE.

It then took four weeks to get a letter from him..

It then took OCBA six weeks to process my licence and send it to me.

So it takes about ten weeks before i could work!

This is only one example, of how long some things can take.

Think about..

Tax file number

Work licence

Child benefit (family tax benefit)

Ambulance cover

House to rent

Bank account

Medi care

Driving licence

Car seats (children)

Job search

Pension transfer

Inform container company of new address.

If there are anymore i will add them as we go along.

Come on there must be some i have forgotten Rob

Guest The Morleys

Hello all,

Just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to all of you who have replied to my thread! I can't get over how kind and supportive you've all been. I feel like we have already got friends now, which is making the move a easier.

It would be lovely to meet you when we arrive....THIS WEEK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nina, Marcus & Abigail

xxx

Guest familygood

Wow I know what the last few weeks are like... am absolutely dreading the next two weeks - we fly a fornight tomorrow!! Just cant wait to get over there and get stuck in!