Wanted down under is back.......

Guest Andrew Family

Guest Andrew Family

I know that those of you lucky people in Australia probably cringe at the programme but for people like me stuck in the UK it keeps the dream alive. Although watching the last programme did have cringe worthy parts and I cannot stand the presenter but besides that I do enjoy seeing what 'could be'. Can't wait until they screen Adelaide, I have checked the tv guide and no Adelaide listed this week but Brisbane did look nice, which the exception of the rubbish properties they were show, with the exception of the one they would find hard to afford.

I will retreat to my dream land until tomorrow when I will get my next 'wanted down under' fix. Sorry for being so sad but without dreams what is the point of living?????

Dawn:v_SPIN:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Chelseadownunder

I can remember doing the same thing. I was adicted, even started sky plusing them and watching them over and over.

I think its a good program overall.

I know it all looks a bit glamed up but it really is nice here.

When we feel down sometimes we will go to the beach watch a sunset, have a stoll on the soft sand, fish, swim, surf.

Its all here and because of the weather you can do it more. You seem to get more into a week.

Best wishes

Steve

Adelaide (From Kidlington originally)

Guest guest3462

When we were in the uk we watched WDU every single day and recorded ones on while we were at work. It was actually an episode about Sydney where the family had suffered grief from their family about going that helped us to decide that we were going to go for it. We chincked our wine glasses to seal our deal and have never looked back

don't get me wrong there are a lot of stresses involved and it hasn't by Any means been an easy ride but we are here and we love it. So without Nadia screeching on we'd still be sat in front of the telly bored and cold........ So you keep watching and keep dreaming and soon enough you'll be here living it!

JC x

Guest Daniel&Kelly

I know exactly what you mean i'm addicted to it lol , it just opens that small window into australia for a little while it keeps me going lmao :biglaugh:

hopefully they'll show a few adelaide???

Guest The Dimmocks
Hi

So whens WDU on? did not know it had started again. Please let me know.

Hi it on 10am BBC1 for an hour. It certainly brightens up your day with all this horrible freezing weather we getting.

Michelle

Guest Carolandcraig
. So without Nadia screeching on we'd still be sat in front of the telly bored and cold........ So you keep watching and keep dreaming and soon enough you'll be here living it!

JC x

Unfortunalty Nadia doesnt present the show anymore, its now Nicki Chapman. Similar to yourselfs it was WDU that swayed us to try for Oz, originally we were going to go to the states (forgive us lol). Now we are on the home straight with only 24 days till we the uk, cant wait.

Guest PompeyPom

Been here since Oct 18th and had lots of ups and downs,but Bodyboarding with my kids after a hard days work on Aldinga Beach is priceless,the stuff of dreams so keep the faith in the UK and seeya soon on the beach.

All the best be lucky Scott and Family..

P.S PLAY UP POMPEY.........................LOL.............

Guest Aussie pat
Hi Andrew Family,

Yes I was from Kidligton Oxfordshire. I have also lived in Witney.

Steve

We moved from Shipton under Wychwood near Burford, Oxon just over a year ago.

Guest Lauren & Alan

Hi everyone, just wanted to quickly let you all know Adelaide is going to be featured today at 12.05 on channel 4 on A Place in The Sun Down Under!! Thought all of us still in the UK in particular would apprecaite this show!

I think you can probably watch replays online as they do with most channels now?

Guest kangomik

umm Nearly $70 K difference on the exchange. at 2.03 it works at $507K at 1.75 it comes in at around $435K.

Thats a big change in a house. And how many would be bringing large sums across? And how many can afford a large mortgage on one wage?

Loved the programme when i was in the UK, but it can be very misleading as to what is actually happening here.

I am amazed that the budget has risen £100K since we first started the adventure.

umm Nearly $70 K difference on the exchange. at 2.03 it works at $507K at 1.75 it comes in at around $435K.

Thats a big change in a house. And how many would be bringing large sums across? And how many can afford a large mortgage on one wage?

Loved the programme when i was in the UK, but it can be very misleading as to what is actually happening here.

I am amazed that the budget has risen £100K since we first started the adventure.

Some of the houses they show are not very good examples though. Ive just done a quick search on Realestate.au and a 4 bed in Aldinga is around $350K so about £190K which for the size of them is very cheap compared to the UK house prices.

Obviously everyones areas are different but for us wanting to go to Aldinga from the Surrey/Hants border the houses are still much cheaper and twice the size.

For alot of people it is still a cheaper place to live and as im writing this im currently freezing my bits of which is of course another reason.

Guest Chelseadownunder

Hi Guys

Down loaded Filmon HDi player and watched the program last night on net. They most UK channels, it seems okay and picture clear.

Looking foward to wathing match of the day Sunday morning.

Steve

Hi Guys

Down loaded Filmon HDi player and watched the program last night on net. They most UK channels, it seems okay and picture clear.

Looking foward to wathing match of the day Sunday morning.

Steve

Filmon is pretty good but you have to watch it live I think, you can't watch recordings. Richie loves watching MOTD on Sunday mornings with a cup of tea and a bacon butty but he says he'd still prefer to watch it Saturday night with a pint of cider and a Mr Tang chicken chow mein!! We paid $50 for a UK ISP so that we could watch iPlayer but it's soooo slow with the rubbish internet speeds here!

Sorry to hijack the original post by the way....

Guest Andrew Family

WDU has changed it's format and it now gets the people to review their incomes against their spenditure so it is a good reality check for them and us dreamers. I wish I could have a good look at what the average monthly spend/outgoings are as it would really put into perspective if we can afford to live in oz or whether we are being unrealistic. I must admit some of the properties are not the best, although most are really nice. I would like to know how these people can come to Oz and buy a £250,000 house on 1 salary??

Question: if we were going to rent in Adelaide and have 1 salary, with husband becoming the nanny and looking after the children until they are both at school or childcare is sorted (and affordable). What would be a reasonable salary to live on? We are not flash but would like a spacious 3-bed house with plenty of room for the children. Approximate amounts would give us a guide.

Thanks

Dawn