calvery hospital

Guest gerry1959

Guest gerry1959

Hi

My husband and I are hoping to be in Adelaide by April. Im a nurse and might have a job in a hospital called Calvery. Does anybody know anything about this hospital and is it a good place to work.

Can you also tell me what areas we should be looking at to rent that would be near the hospital to start with.

Thanks

Alison

Hi

My husband and I are hoping to be in Adelaide by April. Im a nurse and might have a job in a hospital called Calvery. Does anybody know anything about this hospital and is it a good place to work.

Can you also tell me what areas we should be looking at to rent that would be near the hospital to start with.

Thanks

Alison

Hi Alison there another person starting in calvery hospital 1 march called Jane maybe u could get in touch with her, o by the way my name is Debbie been here nearly a year with family.The hospital is in the city but most people use buses as there cheap.

Guest cornish Busdriver

My missus use to work in theaters at calvary wakefield and sez its totaly crap. Great people to work with but couldnt organise a p-up in a brewery and very out of date kit. Dont beleive them bout car parkin permits.

Guest gerry1959

hi

im hoping to work in calvery north in the day theatre. i have also got an telephone interview for the memorial hospital in adelaide. can anybody advice me which of the 2 is the better to work at.

thanks to everyboby who replied to me.

im just getting the hang of this website.

by the way i never really introduced myself. im alison, a nurse and presently working at the hospital in paisley, scotland. my husband is gerry and he is a maintance fitter and has just finished a course in plumbing. our house is on the market and so far not doing very well. we are hoping to be there by april.

im 45 and gerry is 50, so if there is any couples out there who would like to meet up for a drink when we get there give us a shout as we dont know anybody.:jiggy:

alison ferguson

Guest cornish Busdriver

If your gonna be working theater then i would get the number for flinder or any other hospital and keep it handy. By the way flinders is after theater nurses.

Hi

Thanks

Alison

Hi Alison, as mentioned by the Jones my wife Jane starts at the North Calvary Hospital (St Helens Oncology & Haemotology Ward) on the Monday 1st March. We arrive on the Wednesday 10th February and gained a suitable 4 weeks rental in Seaton, which is the West side of Adelaide. If you look at my previous posts we have requested help/info about the transport links from the South to the North Calvary Hospital and linking those transport links to when Jane starts work and finishes, we have come to the decision that we need to residing nearer to the North/CBD. So thats where we will be looking to settle down once we have arrived. If you have any specific question regarding North Calvary Hospital, transport links, where to reside, then just either send me a PM or just reply to this thread. All the best. Tony 'Jane's husband'

Hi Alison,

I have just Calvary North Adelaide; it is well established, not new!

I worked in Day ward, endoscopy and Recovery, so i could give you loads of info..........

the surgeons and gastro-enterologist are absolutely fab; so no worries there,

some of the nurses are great, some not so, hey ho, happens everywhere.

Parking is completely rubbish, and there isnt a proper canteen, but you can order meals from the kitchen if you want to.

If you want some insider info, just pm me......................

I am 43, and live in the eastern burbs, happy to meet up for a drink tho'

Jane

• 3 months later...

Hi My name is Tanya and I am also a nurse. I have and interview on the telephone next wed for the oncology ward at Calvary North.

I would be grateful if you have any useful tips which I may need to know. Does your wife enjoy working there?

Thanks

Hi Tanya, my wife works on the St Helens Ward, which is the Oncology and Haemotology Ward at North Calvary Hospital, which is a private hospital for private patients, but you do get the odd state patients. My wife has been there three months there and absolutley loves it, the staff are ever so welcoming and friendly and the patients are even better. Janetend to get a few e-mails a month from the Ward Manager stating how well she is doing. which is always very positive and nice to gain.

On this ward you do get surgical patients, i.e. Colonoscopy; Acute Medical; ERCP and Stenting, chemo and transfusions. The ward is quite old dated looking. The procedures are the same as England and even some things are better.

The Ward manager is called Dale Dalton, very fair and extremely friendly guy, always asks about me and I am just the husband lol, but you will have the interview with Shaune Gillespie, Clinical Director another great gentleman.

Jane had her telephone interview with Shaune over the telephone whilst we were in the UK, he was extremely friendly and coutious on the telephone and even jokey at times. The questions tend to be open questions asking about your experiences, flexible, how long have yoyu been a nurse, why move to Adelaide, what kind of visa you are on, what hours you want to work part-time or full time. Also general questions about your family who are also emigrating with you.

It lasts about 45 mins and honestly nothing to worry about. If you require any further concerns, just ask away. The shifts are: 6.45 a.m. to 2.45 p.m. - 2.30 p.m. to 10.30 p.m. - 10.15pm to 07.00 a.m.

Hi Boxertony

thankyou that sounds great. i have been told that dale is going to interview me.

Now that you are there could you please let me know what area is good to look at living. I will have to rent at first.

I have two school age children 11 and 8, my 11 year old son is very into his rugby and my 8 year old daughter is a good gymnast so I am hoping there are some good clubs.

My eldest daughter who is 18 is a hairdressing apprentice and looks as though she may qualify before the summer, although i don't know if she should finish her training out there. My husband is an industrial window cleaner so we will have to see about him once we are out there.

Do you have any indea on how much we get stopped and how much shift allowance are. I work 12 and half hour shifts at the moment so going to short shifts will be hard.

I am sorry about all the question but would be really grateful if you could answer any.

Thanks