We have planning approval for our new home.....

HEAPS GOOD !!!

Great news! Where is it you are building?

Were building down at Aldinga Beach on the Bayswood....

We cnt wait for it to all start, dnt think anything going to happen until early March at the earliest we just have to go through color selections and then we are good to go...its bloody stressful now...god help us if its going to get any worse....:(

Thankx guys

HG

Congratulations on the start of your house building.

One thing i would say is take plenty of pictures at all stages of the build, when we built the builder tried to charge us an extra $1400 for extra concrete needed for the slab, this was 11 weeks after they poured the slab.

They tried to say that the trenches collapsed prior to pouring the concrete due to rain, fourtunatly we had taken loads of pictured and proved that this was not the case and the fact that there was no rain for the whole month that the concrete was poured, they backed down in the end.

One more thing, as i paint new builds check what quality paint you are getting when you do your selections as most builders only provide 2 coats of the cheapest paint as standard and you will find that its not very good and once marked will not clean, i always give the owner a chance to upgrade to 3 coats and finish in a top quality paint. The builder will charge you quite a bit for this or you can take a chance and see if the painter that does your house can upgrade you on the side.

good luck with it all.

kevin

Guest guest569

Hickinbothams and Statesman use a very good paint !!! When you get bored of the colour you just wife gently with a damp cloth and it all comes off right down to bare gyproc so you can re paint with a fresh colour !!!:P

Hickinbothams and Statesman use a very good paint !!! When you get bored of the colour you just wife gently with a damp cloth and it all comes off right down to bare gyproc so you can re paint with a fresh colour !!!:P

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

cheers for that mate....were going to treat the coat that come with the house as an undercoat and do the rest ourselves...

HG

Guest katsmajic

Cheers Kev, we've heard some proper horror stories, these building companies are not the sharpest really are they???

Will keep you in mind for some work when the house is sorted...i labourered for my bro (P&D) in uk and rate myself, but its gonna be a bloody big house!

Congratulations on the start of your house building.

One thing i would say is take plenty of pictures at all stages of the build, when we built the builder tried to charge us an extra $1400 for extra concrete needed for the slab, this was 11 weeks after they poured the slab.

They tried to say that the trenches collapsed prior to pouring the concrete due to rain, fourtunatly we had taken loads of pictured and proved that this was not the case and the fact that there was no rain for the whole month that the concrete was poured, they backed down in the end.

One more thing, as i paint new builds check what quality paint you are getting when you do your selections as most builders only provide 2 coats of the cheapest paint as standard and you will find that its not very good and once marked will not clean, i always give the owner a chance to upgrade to 3 coats and finish in a top quality paint. The builder will charge you quite a bit for this or you can take a chance and see if the painter that does your house can upgrade you on the side.

good luck with it all.

kevin