4 years today.

jomark

hi all

Its 4 years today that we arrived in adelaide.

our story is....we came on a skilled pr visa having never visited or having any family or friends here.we came with a small amount of money and a open mind i got a job after 2 weeks which was a god send

We stayed in oaa (glandore) basic but good value, we then moved up to mount barker great place but just too far from the beach for us. we decided to move closer to the beach and ended up in port noarlunga where we have been for the last two and a half years and love it here.

We have been lucky with the homesickness, apart from the odd day it has never really bothered us,jamie was 2 when we came so he knew no different and hes well settled goes nippers,plays footy, soccer and loves the beach. Then we had harry who will be 2 in feb and things are good.

we have had family visit which is nice and they are returning later in the year.we have not been back for a visit and cant see us going back anytime soon. Some things are great here but it does have its problems hoons,drugs and crime same as everywhere else but the good out weighs the bad imo. As a family we do lots of stuff together and have more time together.so all up its been a great 4 years got to go im on surf patrol this arvo.

hope you all have a good time here.

cheers mark.

Guest kelv&haley

congrats,jo ,mark,jamie and harry................

your story starts exactly the same as our,and i hope that after 4 years we are still as happy as you guys are to be here.

thanks for all your help both b4 we arrived and since weve been here,it's always nice to meet another family who are happy to help you out,.xxxxxx

see you soon,congrats again ,haley,kelv ,j,m,and teegie,xxxx

Guest Admar72

Hi Mark, Jo and little ones

Nice to read your report on your 4 years in Adelaide maybe we might bump into you and your family as Noarlunga is where will be living. I see you are a bricklayer Mark just wondering if there is much work available at mo and if you think things might be picking up??

Again congrats on you 4 years in Adelaide

All the best Adam

• 1 month later...

hi mark I'm a brickie to we hope to be over early next year.we to are looking to settle around Port Noaralunga.

I just wondered weather it is as nice as the photos we have seen and is there enough going on for a young familly.

Also i just wondered what the job fronts like for brickies and what kind of salary to expect without sounding rude.

All the best Trev Vicki and Lauren.

hi mark I'm a brickie to we hope to be over early next year.we to are looking to settle around Port Noaralunga.

I just wondered weather it is as nice as the photos we have seen and is there enough going on for a young familly.

Also i just wondered what the job fronts like for brickies and what kind of salary to expect without sounding rude.

All the best Trev Vicki and Lauren.

hi trev

we like it in porties,it all depends on what the kids are into.we got into the surf life saving i do patrols and training,jamie does the nippers and in the winter plays footy and soccer,if they like the outdoors its great.as for jobs it has started to pick up the last few weeks as for wages between $28-$35 ph self employed thats on abn(pay your own tax no sick/holiday pay etc)most work 40 hrs wk.hope this helps mate.cheers mark.