at last

Guest gerry1959

Guest gerry1959

hi

gerry and i will hopefully be over in adelaide the end of april. ive just got my contract through from calvery hospital.

we are now looking at flights and the most direct one is with singapore airlines unless anyone knows anything else.

can anyone advise on the weather at this time as just now in scotland we are still in winter woolies and i dont want to bring with me alot of winter clothes, or dressy stuff as these can get shipped over.

we are going to apply to the south australiian goverment for the meet and greet service and for accomadation has anybody used this service. what kind of accomadation do they provide, is it furnished and what is the rent.

thanks

alison:chatterbox:

Wow that sounds good Alison congratulations! Advice re the weather is it won't be cold, but changeable, mostly warm but perhaps getting colder at night (and you won't have central heating).

So I'd say clothes predominantly short and long sleeve tops, with a thinner layer jumper or cardy that can go over it for when its a bit cooler, jeans but also shorts, summer showers type outer clothes and make sure you have a nice warm cardy or the odd jumper for if it gets a bit colder before your stuff arrives (but don't go overboard on the clothes for cooler weather - just make sure you have some).

Depends when you are packing your stuff, but if it is going to take 6 weeks, remember when it gets here will be June sometime, and there are sometimes delays with the shipping. I found a website when I was planning the same thing for us, that had historical weather facts (Australians love weather forecasts and history!) so I will try to find those stats again.

Haven't used the meet and greet or renting so can't help with that - our family furnished a house for us till our stuff came so that is no use to you whatsoever.

This wasn't the one but I just found something quickly here: Weather at Adelaide Airport (ADL): Weather and Climate in Adelaide Area, SA, Australia, AU Even in May it had the max temp as 18, so you'd want to make sure you had slightly warmer (tho not wintry?) clothes for then. And definitely bank on not being so warm in the house at night. I think that has been the hardest thing for me to get used to because our house in England was very warm, but here we were in a much colder, old house, lovely for summer actually but cold in winter and didnt warm up enough in the day to make evenings v comfortable. You tend to heat the room you are in, but unless the heating is ducted - most rented places are not - you will need to warm up with wooly socks and a blanket on your bed!

I can't really coment on the weather for April only been here 4 mths. As for flights we came over with SIngapore and were brilliant, we stayed in Singapore for 3 nights and broke uo the journey for us and the kids and got to sleep in a bed - bliss.

However I know Virgin do Heathrow-Sydney and I am flying back with Etihad not very direct but cheap.

It depends on what you want to do really just get here or stop off and obvioulsy cost involved etc.

HTH

Michelle