UK migration shows

Guest billyboyo

Guest nishman

We went to the one in York a the racecourse in May 2004 (OMG!) - that sealed the deal for us and we signed up with the agent there (filled out the paperwork sat on the grass outside as I remember!). They did seminars on migration issues which were good and there was a nice young chap (Scott Oscar?) on the ImmigrationSA stall with loads of info on Adelaide :)

If you're going there with a plan of attack, I think they are worth it (if nothing else to talk about specifics face-to-face). It was the final push over the line for us, with a plan to come away signed up with an agent.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, we've been to a couple of these seminar/exhibitions and found them quite useful. We went to the Expo's which have all sorts of displays regarding getting to Oz, Visa's, Work, Banks etc so i would recommend going to one.

We too are going to the Down Under in Leeds on the Saturday.

The Willis'

We will be going to the Emigrate show in London on the 6th :jiggy:

Though for some reason the SA Agency are having their event on the same day! :huh:

Not sure which is the best option although I know the Emigrate expo will also have some seminars so think we will still make our way to this expo.

Has anyone been / can make a recommendation?

There is another Expo the following weekend in London, but think one will be enough..for now! I'm sure there will be plenty of others if I have questions outstanding. :err:

KR

Von

Guest 0125dannydanny

I'm going to the down under live show in september . I read there is loads of skilled visa changes and worried Chefs wont be able to get in anymore, so I'm trying not to stress !

• 2 months later...

Just bare in mind that they will tell you what you what they think you want to hear! There is a good amount of useful info on offer of course and like any good saleperson they all tried to sell their state to us. We went to the Sandown racecourse expo about 4 years ago!

Have to say i was amazed at the amount of people trying to escape from Blighty!!!!!! Now i know why!!!

Simon:D