Express Way doubled

Guest Guest5035

Let's hope they find some money to educate drivers on how to use the Expressway safely. I take my life in my hands twice a day driving up and down there. I reckon the majority of Expressway users are dangerous and incompetent to say the least. It's a bloody nightmare at 3.50 in the afternoon.

Shaz

And Stevo ........ have you retired or something ..... you're on here a lot lately. Or has your work given you a shiny new PC and unlimited net access lol!

Guest nishman

It'll be interesting to see what they're planning - next to the current way, a new corridor, or upgrading south road...

Although good in the long run, there will be some hair pulling times if they're blasting rock to widen the road and closing junctions to make them proper intersections.

But progress is progress :) & with the train line opening the year before this is due to complete, I'll be spoilt for choice on the daily commute ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tinkham_lee

I think they are going to build a new carriageway along side the existing one. the idea to double it has always been there. they brought the land to do it when they built the first part.

Aparently they say it will be doubled at every election.

Guest Flatdog

Well the morons have taken there time doing it and let me say that it will be over budget and over time when completed! All the promises coming out at this election is amazing new hospital, freeway, football stadium, rail up grade, wonder how we will pay for it ?