• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Freeling, Adelaide
      103 times

great post

Guys, great post and good to see you seetling in well. Think of us poor guys back here starting our winter while you all polishing your barbies!!

Certainly makes us all wish we was there. Great to hear more of your good news
      Ian, Rachel, Harry 16 & Georgia 13

Arrived in Adelaide 14th June 2008

Hi angela
      good to hear its all going well as someone still waiting for the go a head its great to see another good report we're looking at hallet cove coz we've got friends there although we've never been they've been there 10 years and love it for the kids etc
      Good info in the tread keep it coming enjoy good luck with the schools and house hunting

Cheers Debbie;)

Hallett Cove
      27 times

2nd installment !

Both the boys have been enrolled into All Saints Seaford. The schools were the hardest thing of all, everyone both private & state are happy to advise & show you around, ultimately the decision is yours & the kids. Like most who have recently arrived there is a 2 week holiday coming up & Term 4 starts mid Oct, so that is when the boys will attend full time. We've met the teachers, principal etc they are all really nice. Brought the uniform, which was not to pricey but then you do need a winter one next year to so the costs do add up, the bags thank goodness were not compulsory at almost $50 each & given they are almost the same size as Thomas we opted to get 2 cheap backpacks that both can actually carry .

Ashley is into his 3rd day at work currently in the city. Everything is going okay although on day 1 his cap was taken & day 2 his cap replaced & now is coolbag has gone missing..I think someone is playing silly bu*****. He doesn't seem to mind, more him than me. I suppose tradeys are used to that though .

Recently it reached 32 which was really hot, if you have undercover areas its great & a definite must if the weather gets warmer through Summer.

So far so good. The boys feel happier now that they KNOW when they will go back to school & for me well I can't wait but I will miss them, of course !

Angela (43), Ashley (45), Bradley (17), Thomas (13) & Max our Spoodle (6) Visa Process 23/10/06 - granted 27/04/07. Now permanent residents as of Sept 09.
      Arrived 6th Sept 07 Living in Onkaparinga Hills. Building a new home 2014 Hallett Cove with Rivergum 2 Story & views back / front :D
      AGS Painting & Decorating PM me or email agspainting@adam.com.au

Sounds like you really have settled in well!

Bet the boys so excited about going back to school. Is All Saints a private school?

Pleased Ash settling in at work, with all the fun and games! :D

Can't wait to catch up with you all.

Nice to meet you angela and family................;)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums