Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By The Morleys

Thread: Homesickies and AUD to Sterling

Retired Member
      1362 times

Homesickies and AUD to Sterling

Any homesickie people now getting more of an urge to return due to the AUD and Sterling rates?.

Seaford Rise, Adelaide
      56 times
      Hi Stevo, the exchange rate certainly makes you start to be negative but I think you just have to remember why you are here. We are really effected by it at the moment as our house has just sold in the uk and exchanges in 3 weeks and we have just put the deposit down on a house and land package so whatever happens the little bit of money we have will be worth less and less every day. It has been such a drop that we are having to knock things like the driveway off, a con, kitchen units etc so I really understand how people feel and what they are going through. My thoughts are just to work harder for a year or two to get these things which is a much shorter time than going back to the UK for good. It dosnt make it easier that everything you want to do, trades, running a business etc costs so much and takes time so myself I am having to get my papers which will take me a few months tihen I can start earning. We have only been here 7 weeks and it is a real emotional rollercoaster.
      You have been here quite a while, are you yourself still homesick? What do you do? Have you got family here?

Guest75 likes this.
      Marcus, 42 - Carpet Cleaner, Nina, 32 - Nurse, Abigail, 12 - Going on 20, & Twins Emma & Luke, 2 - Double Trouble! We arrived Friday 8th January 2010

If you need your carpets cleaning, Send Marcus a pm or visit our website www.rapiddry.com.au