Adelaide boring? Feeling the Credit crisis - Nah!

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

Had a great day yesterday.

It just did make me wonder why there are the odd comments about Adelaide being boring + I am not seeing people slow down on enjoying themselves.

Had a run by Brighton, the main street down to the jetty was packed, cafes and shops packed. Lovely to see the place buzzing.

Then we went on into the Central Market to stock up ( especially the Chinese/chippy curry sauce mix bargain!).

The place was heaving!!

I love going into the market with all it's sight,sounds and smells .

Very multicultural and patronised by all walks of life, noticed quite a few "well to do ladies " shopping. Worth it just for the people watching ;)

Then on to Rundle Street to pick little Tyke up from work and take her out to tea.

That road was sooooo busy,the cafes/bars pubs were heaving!

We ended up going to the Cafe Primo at Henley Beach to escape the rat race and have a wander around the beach.

Got attacked by a meat skewer much to my family's embarrassment - eating the dish where the skewer is hung from a stand over your plate - flipping thing fell on me as I'd not taken notice it was so close to the edge of the table :biglaugh:

Back into the city for a drink and drop off Little Tyke for her car.

I thought the city was busy when we had gone out earlier but at 8.00pm it was just bursting!!

Lots of happy and carefree people enjoying a great night out ( apart from a rare shower)

Does not look to be a cut back on spending fromwhere we were on Rundle Street last night.

I suppose if you have younger children it is different and you may struggle to get out due to lack of sitters.

But come on folks??

Adelaide boring.?????.......... :nah:

Long may she remain that way!!!!!!:notworthy:

Just realised we are not doing this enough!

Guest seekingsunshine

i agree Tyke - we love Adelaide and don't find it boring at all!

mind you we are from north wales...(lol just kidding)

you're right tho- we dont have much chance to get out with young kids...HOWEVER the in-laws are arriving in a few weeks and i'm planning to check out the city night life :)

Adelaide has everything we need and MORE!

we've probably got plans of things we want to do that will fill the next ten years..especially as the kids get older and we can try out all the sport activities here!

Can't wait!

the poem by Wendy cope 'Being Boring' sums it up for me, we've got everything we want in Adelaide-and the most beautiful beaches that i always stop my car on the esplanade to have a 'proper look'! - we had enough drama getting here lol!

Hels, Matt and three kids aged 3 and under :)

Had a great day yesterday.

It just did make me wonder why there are the odd comments about Adelaide being boring + I am not seeing people slow down on enjoying themselves.

Had a run by Brighton, the main street down to the jetty was packed, cafes and shops packed. Lovely to see the place buzzing.

Then we went on into the Central Market to stock up ( especially the Chinese/chippy curry sauce mix bargain!).

The place was heaving!!

I love going into the market with all it's sight,sounds and smells .

Very multicultural and patronised by all walks of life, noticed quite a few "well to do ladies " shopping. Worth it just for the people watching

Then on to Rundle Street to pick little Tyke up from work and take her out to tea.

That road was sooooo busy,the cafes/bars pubs were heaving!

We ended up going to the Cafe Primo at Henley Beach to escape the rat race and have a wander around the beach.

Got attacked by a meat skewer much to my family's embarrassment - eating the dish where the skewer is hung from a stand over your plate - flipping thing fell on me as I'd not taken notice it was so close to the edge of the table

Back into the city for a drink and drop off Little Tyke for her car.

I thought the city was busy when we had gone out earlier but at 8.00pm it was just bursting!!

Lots of happy and carefree people enjoying a great night out ( apart from a rare shower)

Does not look to be a cut back on spending fromwhere we were on Rundle Street last night.

I suppose if you have younger children it is different and you may struggle to get out due to lack of sitters.

But come on folks??

Adelaide boring.?????..........

Long may she remain that way!!!!!!:notworthy:

Just realised we are not doing this enough!

Look you wanting to turn this into one of those loving it hating it debates?

I am seriuosly going to have to moderate you on this matter Mr Tyke....:biglaugh:

But to add my cents worth, i love it out here too....best place on earth, lots to do and lots to see and lots of it is free !!!!!:)

Sometimes i stand agast looking out over the beach and think holy **** i have found paradise...:notworthy:

HG

You've hit the nail on the head (as usual) Tyke! I am always bemused by people that call Adelaide "boring" - there always seems to be stuff going on, whether it's Festivals during Mad March, or various shows/exhibitions during the rest of the year, sporting events that are really accessible, concerts, "try for free" days in things like Orienteering, outdoor fireworks, cycle rides, writers' talks at the local library... And if none of that appeals, hell, there are beaches, and walks and wineries....

We might not have big "tourist" attractions such as an Aquarium, an Opera House, or theme parks, but as a place to live and never have to be bored...takes some beating I reckon!

Guest Guest75
Look you wanting to turn this into one of those loving it hating it debates?

I am seriuosly going to have to moderate you on this matter Mr Tyke....:biglaugh:

But to add my cents worth, i love it out here too....best place on earth, lots to do and lots to see and lots of it is free !!!!!:)

Sometimes i stand agast looking out over the beach and think holy **** i have found paradise...:notworthy:

HG

I hope the thread does not turn into a bickering match!!

Just wanted to post an opinion - sometimes it helps redress the balance;)

Just remembering that near tearful moment you had on Thurs,just a perfect day!

Guest Guest5035

HG

nearly choked on my coffee, not travelled much then!!

Stevo

Guest ReadyPenny

Tell me more Tyke please, my mouth is watering with the thought of it!!!!! What is the name of the curry sauce mix and which stall do you buy if from please??

Mandy

Guest suttons

Well it all sounds exactly what we are wishing for, and i think life is as exciting or boring as you make it, sometimes you have to try something new, i cant wait to get there.

Guest Guest75

Tell me more Tyke please, my mouth is watering with the thought of it!!!!! What is the name of the curry sauce mix and which stall do you buy if from please??

Mandy

It's S&B Golden Curry Sauce mix.

We buy the 240g pack which makes loads - only $4.95.

As you walk from the Central Market to the Chinese section it's the big Chinese supermarket through the central covered area (just past the pub indoors) :):)

Guest mayjess

Must admit this is a great post, we arrive back on 16th April, been very stressed this week as shippers have been to pack our belongings up, plus Im still working,hubby to,daughter was in a crash-shes ok, I got a parking fine yesterday:arghh:,,, been a horrible week, so sit & read the nice things about Adelaide again, makes it all worth while, thanks for that.

Mayjess

((((mayjess)))) What a week for you!

I have 4 young children and had a very full not at all boring day. Actually its never dull in H-towers.

Someone I know on a different forum has this on their sig:

Be the difference you want to make in the world.

Or something like that. It starts here, right now!! I really do believe life is what you make of it.

Clipsall next week - anyone going?

Drove past the church on junction of Portrush and Lower North East today and saw a sign there that said "Happiness is contagious, be a carrier!" Couldn't have said it better myself, well done Tyke, I reckon this thread makes you officially a "carrier"!!

Guest mayjess
((((mayjess)))) What a week for you!

I have 4 young children and had a very full not at all boring day. Actually its never dull in H-towers.

Someone I know on a different forum has this on their sig:

Or something like that. It starts here, right now!! I really do believe life is what you make of it.

Clipsall next week - anyone going?

Thanks for that,, i need all the pep talks you can give,amongst everything else imtrying to complete a job application!!!!!!! wine is deffo on the agenda tonight

Mayjess

Guest Guest75
Drove past the church on junction of Portrush and Lower North East today and saw a sign there that said "Happiness is contagious, be a carrier!" Couldn't have said it better myself, well done Tyke, I reckon this thread makes you officially a "carrier"!!

Aye - dead infected I reckon :biglaugh::biglaugh:;)

Guest katsmajic

A bored moment - i bloody wish - i'd love for a moment to stop and think, jees im bored - way to busy having fun/chilling/family time/surf club/working/enjoying myself...

Guest Guest75
A bored moment - i bloody wish - i'd love for a moment to stop and think, jees im bored - way to busy having fun/chilling/family time/surf club/working/enjoying myself...

Got fireworks going of around here now!!!!:err::err:

Guest katsmajic

Also - I'm very well travelled and have experienced many cultures - and i love it here...heaps and i appreciate the quality things in life - like happy kids, family time doing quality things and spending time together - were not materialistic, jumped up thinking were more important than we are,

i love the sun on my back, the sound of waves breaking, kids laughing, seeing my dog run like a loon - easily pleased yes!

and when you've had the **** we've had, then feel free to knock us for appreciating life - til then dont criticise!

nearly choked on my coffee, not travelled much then!!

Stevo

• 5 months later...
Guest jessica_svr

I have to post a comment, having just found your thread after reading "big mouths" (i doubt your allowed to leave personal comments on here but im sure we were all thinking the same thing anyway!)

Adelaide is mint!! I absolutely LOVE it and cant wait to come back... 4 months and 9 days in counting!!!

And I've been to some of the more "popular" places, Sydney, Perth, Surfers paradise... those were great too, but I just love "Radelaide" the best!!! And the people who made the previous comments are SOOO right... there is loads to do!! Theres stuff going on all the time!!! And even if there wasnt... HELLO!!! Have you felt the sunshine!!!! The weather is lush, the people are great, so friendly and helpful and want to embrace you and show you around, the scenery is magnificent, its just a completely a BETTER way of life!!!

Big thumbs up to Adelaide from me!!!! x x x x

Guest guest3462

We've been to most of the state capitals here in Aus, and yes we had a great time. BUT, I have to say that we are never happier than when we come home to Adleaide. The more relaxed pace of life we have down in the south suits us down to the ground. In the UK we were smack in the middle of the city ratrace working all hours and playing none and we were very miserable.

Here we work hard, but play harder and there is an abundance of free things to entertain the toddlers.

We intend to spend the rest of our days in this beautiful city (immigration pending!!!) and can't wait to embrace all it has to offer!

Oh yes, and we can't wait for the show in a few weeks! The showbag hall is my fave place there, could just spend the day in there!!!!