Radio in Adelaide

Guest wijaya

Guest wijaya

Hi

As we nearing our move to Adelaide, can I ask all of you who are in Adelaide to guide towards which radio should we tune in.

My two children, a boy 13 and a girl nearing 10, always listen to Capital FM while I prefer Smooth FM or Magic, and sometimes Classic.

So which radio in Adelaide resembles Capital, ie radio for young person, and which one to cater for older audience?

thanks a bunch

Wijaya

I listen to the dancy radios station out here called Fresh FM....there is quite a few out here all catering for differing genres of Music..i also listen to Nova every now and again...but flick over when the talking gets too much.

Fresh http://www.fresh927.com.au/

Nova http://www.novafm.com.au/nova919/

http://www.triplem.com.au/

HG

I don't notice it so much now so don't know whether that's coz it's stopped or I'm just inured to it, but......

Whatever station you listen to, be prepared for the radio station ads to prompt you to have conversations with your kids about what "nasal delivery technology" is all about, and about what goes on at the Crazy Horse!

Guest PhilC

Hamish and Andy usually have me in stitches on the way home from work (SA FM 107.1) on a weekday, although a bit risque for a younger audience.

Phil

Guest mayjess
Hamish and Andy usually have me in stitches on the way home from work (SA FM 107.1) on a weekday, although a bit risque for a younger audience.

Phil

I LOVE Hamish & Andy,, they are so funny,,when I was living in adelaide I remember when they had to spend a week like siamese twins stuck to each other,it was hilarious.

Cant wait to get back just to listen to them

Mayjess

Who is it that comes on SAFM after Hamish and Andy during the week? Driving daughter to choir the other day at 6:30 pm and there was an hilarious discussion about a new trend called "Vag-azzled" where you stick crystals on a certain part of your body!!

Guest thekings

Been listening to SAFM after reading this thread, absolutely hilarious. Female presenter was saying her and fiancee did love test and only love each other 10% so should they still get married :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: music good too.

SAFM Now Playing

Who is it that comes on SAFM after Hamish and Andy during the week? Driving daughter to choir the other day at 6:30 pm and there was an hilarious discussion about a new trend called "Vag-azzled" where you stick crystals on a certain part of your body!!

Isn't it Kyle Sanderland and Jackie O on after Hamish and Andy.

Hamish and Andy are hilarious. So funny this week when he hurt his chin and knocked his teeth out. His girlfriends reaction was very amusing.

Guest bentkitty

I was also a Capital FM person, like Mix 102.3 here, they play a good range of different music, also their slogan is 'no repeat' workday, so you wont end up listening to the same tunes over and over again

Hi

As we nearing our move to Adelaide, can I ask all of you who are in Adelaide to guide towards which radio should we tune in.

My two children, a boy 13 and a girl nearing 10, always listen to Capital FM while I prefer Smooth FM or Magic, and sometimes Classic.

So which radio in Adelaide resembles Capital, ie radio for young person, and which one to cater for older audience?

thanks a bunch

Wijaya

Hey Guys,

You are definatly doing the right thing by moving your lives here, its brilliant.

My son is also 13 and as a family we all love music, we go between 91.9 which is Nova quite young music and 107.1 which is SA fm, you really need to google Hamish and Andy, just a bit funnier than Ant & Dec, actually a fan of all but Hamish & Andy are way funnier.

Happy listening

Laura xxxx PS good luck with your move.

Guest guest3462

I listen to SAFM and my OH listens to Mix. We odten argue when we're in the car together, butI think SAFM is the best station, Hamish and Andy are hilarious and I like the ad free 50 in the day!

Guest Woody and Jane
Which ever one you tune into. The music will be replayed till your ears bleed. The Dj's seem to share the play list throughout the day/night and week.

I can vouch for the overplaying of songs. Plus they don't tend to play very modern music. If you like 80's music you'll love the radio here, that is until you've heard Footloose for the millionth time. They also play Inxs a lot and I Come From the Land Under (which strangely never seems to get old).

Also what's the deal with breakfast show hosts consisting of two blokes and a woman? It's like they found a formula that worked in the 80s and are sticking to it, just like their playlists.

If you're into more rock/indie/rap music Tripple J is fantastic but it's a national station and they leave the swearing in the songs which is cool if you're not easily offended.

Woody.

I can vouch for the overplaying of songs. Plus they don't tend to play very modern music. If you like 80's music you'll love the radio here, that is until you've heard Footloose for the millionth time. They also play Inxs a lot and I Come From the Land Under (which strangely never seems to get old).

Also what's the deal with breakfast show hosts consisting of two blokes and a woman? It's like they found a formula that worked in the 80s and are sticking to it, just like their playlists.

If you're into more rock/indie/rap music Tripple J is fantastic but it's a national station and they leave the swearing in the songs which is cool if you're not easily offended.

Woody.

We have Triple J on at work (105.5) and during the day on Thursdays it's great - think it's Dr Phil they have on, a mine of info!

Know what you mean about morning hosts too - I have tried several and they all annoy me so much! One of the stations has a presenter that has recently had a baby and guess what they discuss all the time??!!! Another one thinks making really pathetic crank calls is the height of humour (I grew out of that at around the age of 7!) and the only prerequisite to be a morning presenter seems to be (a) having a famous friend, however remote, or (b) being an ex footballer! Grrrrr....

I now get books on CD from the library and listen to those on my drives in the mornings - although I do like the Fifi Box show on Saturdays!