No more British curries!

Guest Damien

Guest Damien

Well, that's it. Just eaten my last curry in the UK. Garlic chilli chicken, keema rice and garlic naan. Nice. Even better, just had a call from the chef, he heard we are leaving and has promised us a free curry before we go as we are one of his oldest customers :jiggy:So not the last curry in the UK........yet - what a great telephone call! Gonna miss Curry Cottage in Swindon, will they deliver to Adelaide?

Also sold my beautiful Honda Integra Type R today so no car - got a bit down when it went. Had my work leaving do last night - 12 brickies in a pub is NOT a good idea :biglaugh: Ended in a fight....(not me but my boss!)

See ya all next week!

Damo

Guest Sharon and Paul

Hi Damien, Well been here 8 months , and the quest to find a decent Indian curry house still burns bright , if you find one before me let us know , ATB Paul .

Guest Damien

Tyke - Hope your little tub is ready for all the fish I'm gonna fill your esky with!

Paul - I'm gonna try every curry house in SA, wanna join me?

Damo

Guest Guest75
Tyke - Hope your little tub is ready for all the fish I'm gonna fill your esky with!

Paul - I'm gonna try every curry house in SA, wanna join me?

Damo

Could do with a lucky mascot.The last few trips have not been quite as fruitful.

Loads of baby stuff but the big Snapper seem to have moved on :sad:

Hi Damien, Well been here 8 months , and the quest to find a decent Indian curry house still burns bright , if you find one before me let us know , ATB Paul .

Have you tried 'The Calcutta' in Morphett Vale, very nice but the naans are not the same.

Guest bentkitty

We've been here for 6 months now, and I am finally having curry cravings (done well havent I, to last so long). Does anyone know any decent Indians in the Brighton/Glenelg area? There is one on Brighton Rd I have been meaning to try (called Charmina I think), anyone know if it is OK?

Well, that's it. Just eaten my last curry in the UK. Garlic chilli chicken, keema rice and garlic naan. Nice. Even better, just had a call from the chef, he heard we are leaving and has promised us a free curry before we go as we are one of his oldest customers :jiggy:So not the last curry in the UK........yet - what a great telephone call! Gonna miss Curry Cottage in Swindon, will they deliver to Adelaide?

Also sold my beautiful Honda Integra Type R today so no car - got a bit down when it went. Had my work leaving do last night - 12 brickies in a pub is NOT a good idea :biglaugh: Ended in a fight....(not me but my boss!)

See ya all next week!

Damo

Hi Damien, sorry we never managed to meet up with you and nickand jas, hopefully we can when we get out there in May :)

Would be great to meet up for a curry, my local is the Larbaugh in rodbourne will miss it sooo much but cant wait to try out some more out there.

Hope to see you out there soon good luck with everything and keep in touch ;)

Darren Lisa and Lola

Guest Admar72

Hi Damo'

Enjoy your last curry fella,Tast even better when free!! Sounds like you had a good leaving bash. Maybe when i get there your have a good curry house sorted, so we can meet up for curry then a few beers. Looks like work is picking up. Have a good trip see you in june

Adam

Guest Guest75
Have you tried 'The Calcutta' in Morphett Vale, very nice but the naans are not the same.

We thoroughly enjoyed our last visit to The Calcutta:notworthy::notworthy:

We've been here for 6 months now, and I am finally having curry cravings (done well havent I, to last so long). Does anyone know any decent Indians in the Brighton/Glenelg area? There is one on Brighton Rd I have been meaning to try (called Charmina I think), anyone know if it is OK?
Hi,

Charminar is ok.I got a so called madras curry there,but it was mild Korma,the vindaloo requested as mild =Madras,nice n hot.The takeaways are great after a beer on the way home,but it's sister eating house down the road nearby,the Orientai is really good,great spicy food.:)

See ya all next week!

Damo

Being from Swindon I doubt you'll have much to miss, try leaving Bradford curries behind!

Guest guest3462

I agree that the best curry house in Adelaide is The Balti House on Goodwood Road!! By far the nicest meal out we have had in Australia! The takeaway is excellent too. Highly recommended!

Best curries we have had in Adelaide is Jasmins in the City.

We have only ate in and the food and service was excellent. They do take aways aswell.

Guest The Dimmocks

Where is the Goodwood Road curry house. I'm looking at the map and found Goodwood Road in Goodwood. Is that the right one? How far down south do they deliver? We just secured a rental in Morphett Vale and moving the end of week. Be nice to have a nice curry.

Michelle

Guest bentkitty
Where is the Goodwood Road curry house. I'm looking at the map and found Goodwood Road in Goodwood. Is that the right one? How far down south do they deliver? We just secured a rental in Morphett Vale and moving the end of week. Be nice to have a nice curry.

Michelle

I think this is it:

The Balti House Goodwood Road Millswood South Australia - Indian Cuisine at its Best

wasnt overly impressed with Balti House ....food was alright........but after all the hype since it opened......nothing special......especially the building!!!.had far better up o connel street and port noarlunga

Guest The Dimmocks

We have just had a takeaway from Oh Calcutta. It was very nice, the chicken was really nice as well, not like the one we had a few weeks ago. I odered a Tikka Masala, god it was hot, if I'd have been wearing socks they would have been blown off. :biglaugh:

Will definately be having another, and hopefully be eating off proper plates not plastics ones from Cheap as Chips.

For those in the Eastern burbs...............try the Burnside Balti at the top of Greenhills Rd, opposite the Feathers pub............

Best Tikka Masala this side of Baangalore, yum!!!!

Or the the new Mangoe grove on maghill rd, if you prefer more northern curries, and no naan bread!

What sort of a curry house doesnt do naan bread?????