Internet in McLaren Flat

Moosh

I'm having issues. We've just bought a house in McLaren Flat but there appears to be no service coverage by any ISP's or at least in our house. We appear to live in a Blackspot.

We have tried the Vodaphone 3G stick thing - no go, then we got sent the Wireless Bigpond modem thing from Telstra - no go. So no more internet for us! Luckily I can access PIA and Facebook from work.

I'm seriously considering selling up and moving and we've only been here a week! Any advice?

Does Foxtel offer an internet service? Can we use a satellite dish for internet?

Really dont know what to suggest Michelle....but i think a valuable lesson can be learned from your experience....always check first before you buy.....

There are so many areas around here that have problems accessing the net for various reasons...s

For example...i have friends in Woodcroft who live a few houses apart from each other in the same road! One can get broadband...the others cant....

Before we bought our house here in Happy Valley, we did all the checking we could to make sure we could get broadband...

Is it the net completely you cant get? Or just broadband?

Guest Tina P

Hi,

I'm in Mclaren Flat on The Orchard development and we have the internet throught Telstra/Bigpond, installed no problem.

Where are you in Mclaren Flat ?

I know what you mean though - no internet would be a nightmare.

Tina

hi moosh try Optus - Small Business - Satellite

Apply Now - Step 2 : HarbourSat

Satellite internet service providers worldwide - Satellite Signals Ltd

my cousin lives out in kangarilla and they get their coverage from adam , but i think virgin works out there too good luck xx

just to add the gov will subsidise sat broadband if there is no adsl connection available apparently http://web1.ruralbroadband.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8&Itemid=8

Thanks for all your help.

I did check and ADSL is available apparently and 3G Wireless but not at our house! We have a satellite dish left over from the previous occupants so looks like Satellite is our only option. I have registered with the Government website so I hope we can sort this out.

We have a sort of wireless from Internode, but I have a dish on my roof getting signals from their tower and an adsl type modem on my desk. Not sure how it works, and it was free from the govt as they could only provide Bigpond Dial up when Telsta ISDN discontinued. All parts and installation included, but they may have stopped that scheme now.

Maybe contact Internode to see what they can offer you?

I'm having issues. We've just bought a house in McLaren Flat but there appears to be no service coverage by any ISP's or at least in our house. We appear to live in a Blackspot.

We have tried the Vodaphone 3G stick thing - no go, then we got sent the Wireless Bigpond modem thing from Telstra - no go. So no more internet for us! Luckily I can access PIA and Facebook from work.

I'm seriously considering selling up and moving and we've only been here a week! Any advice?

Does Foxtel offer an internet service? Can we use a satellite dish for internet?

Hi michelle,

have you tried Adam, they have the wireless service for people who live in blackspot areas and there is some goverment help too i think, not sure about details and price but here is the link-

Adam Internet Announcement :: AdamMax - shining light on broadband blackspots

kevin

Guest seank

Hi Michelle,

I can definitely recommend Adam's Adam Max service. We had it installed here in Happy Valley and it works really well. Good speed and very reliable connection. We got the subsidised installation under the broadband guarantee scheme and that was very easy to arrange too. You can check with Adam to see if they have a wireless tower in your area, or if they have one planned in the near future

regards

Sean