Theme Parks in Queensland

Guest salisbury massive

Guest salisbury massive

Right we are off to Queensland for the Easter holidays and I'm wanting to know which parks are the best to go to? I've got 3 girls 16, 14 & 6 and need to cater for all. We are spending one day at Australia Zoo and the rest is completely open. We are staying at Coolangatta and will probably rent a car for a few days.

Someone told me that one of the parks is a bit run down but I can't remember which ones so any help gratefully received,

Jo

We went to Dreamworld in November and maybe that is the one that people say is a bit run down, but its not compared to Chessington in the UK. All the parks are good and all a bit different. If you want thrill rides then Dreamworld has some big ones and plenty for little kids as well. Our children were younger when we went to Movieworld/Wet and Wild/Seaworld (you get a ticket for all 3), so we only went on the smaller rides at Movieworld. Seaworld only has a few rides and is more about the animals and shows, it also has a small water park so take the kid's bathers. Wet and Wild was great with some very scary looking slides but the water when we went there in April was freezing and my daughter wouldn't go in half the time. There was a lovely beach area there by a lagoon so I just hung around there with her playing in the sand whilst my husband and son went on the water slides. It's quite a long drive from Coolangatta to the parks but they are easy to get to. I'm sure you will have a great time whichever ones you go to, we enjoyed them all, although they are very tiring days, especially if it is really hot. Coolangatta is lovely too, I'm sure you will have a great holiday.

Right we are off to Queensland for the Easter holidays and I'm wanting to know which parks are the best to go to? I've got 3 girls 16, 14 & 6 and need to cater for all. We are spending one day at Australia Zoo and the rest is completely open. We are staying at Coolangatta and will probably rent a car for a few days.

Someone told me that one of the parks is a bit run down but I can't remember which ones so any help gratefully received,

Jo

Jo,

we are off there next week, will let Steve know at work when i get back.

Hope hes booked his holiday in !

Dreamworld to me seemed a bit run down and tatty, and I don't know if they still have the tiger there but I felt really sorry for them, they looked really bored. It does have its own water park on the same site, and some big thrill rides (Tower of Terror etc) so if you get some nice weather, it's a good place to spend a day and there should be stuff to please everyone.

Of the others, we liked Movie World the best - good rides and a good assortment of scary and cute - we love the Scooby Do one, and your older kids will (hopefully!) enjoy the Superman ride.

Wet n Wild is good too - lots of fun, but make sure the weather is warm enough: getss bloomin' cold at the top of some of those long...looooong....steps especially in wet costumes.

Sea World is great but less of a theme park I think - the polar bears are good, and there is one good roller coaster and a fun sort of log flume, and of course the dolphin show is worth seeing, but it depends what you're there for. It's a good park for a more cloudy or rainy day, but if you're doing Australia Zoo you might feel you've 'done' your animal bit!

You can usually get some sort of pass that will let you go into any of the latter three parks, but Dreamworld/Whitewaterworld are separate. The Entertainment Book has worked out cheapest in the past for advance purchase of tickets.

We've been three times now, think we're about theme-parked out, but have a great time anyway! Oh, worth trying to book a surfing lesson on Surfers too, while you're there.

Guest salisbury massive
Jo,

Hope hes booked his holiday in !

as you probably know by now Ian, Steve doesn't think its should be called a leave request form, he isn't requesting leave, he's telling them when he wants to go, lol. Yeah its all booked. Hope you have a good time.

Thanks everyone for your replies, looks like we'll definately do Movieworld & the 2 included parks. I've got an Entertainment book so I'll be studying the small print.

Cheers

Jo