Life outside Glenelg

Guest JimmyT

Guest JimmyT

Looking for a bit of info on where to move to...

we have been in Oz since Nov 09 and are currently in a 2 bed rental in Glenelg. We have enjoyed living here, near the beach and the buzz of Jetty road BUT we need a bigger house (3 Bed) which accepts pets as we have our dog arriving in May.

The problem is that the prices in Glenelg are just too expensive for us to get a nice 3 bed. My OH works at port adelaide and I work at Marion. We are probably looking at moving North as OH does 12 hour days and would like to minimise his travel.

Thinking of west lakes which I like, or semaphore but have heard some negatives about semaphore from some aussies.

would appreciate any info or ideas :)

Cheers

Arlene

Guest Stacey

Hi Arlene

I have been here nearly 2 and a half years and live in the South, but can honestly say that I have not heard any bad reports about Semaphore or West Lakes.

West Lakes is beautiful and we considered moving there before we settled where we are. Semaphore also has a beautiful beach so I don't think you can go far wrong.

Best of luck

Stacey

x

Guest kangomik

I think the reports on semaphore are old folk law now, you have quite a few options to hit from Glenelg up to semaphore, i think they are all rather nice, do like west lakes but i am told it can be a swine of a place at match time, but i guess that depends where your based in the complex?

Guest JimmyT

Thanks for replies, as you say there are a few areas between glenelg and semaphore so keeping the options open. Have been searching west lakes and semaphore on real estate today and there is definately more house for your money in those areas. Just hope i find 'the one' soon, if that exists!!!

Thanks again

Arlene

Guest Andrew&Ren
Looking for a bit of info on where to move to...

we have been in Oz since Nov 09 and are currently in a 2 bed rental in Glenelg. We have enjoyed living here, near the beach and the buzz of Jetty road BUT we need a bigger house (3 Bed) which accepts pets as we have our dog arriving in May.

The problem is that the prices in Glenelg are just too expensive for us to get a nice 3 bed. My OH works at port adelaide and I work at Marion. We are probably looking at moving North as OH does 12 hour days and would like to minimise his travel.

Thinking of west lakes which I like, or semaphore but have heard some negatives about semaphore from some aussies.

would appreciate any info or ideas :)

Cheers

Arlene

We are looking for a two bed in Glenelg from end of April/May. In a one bed at the moment.

Can I ask if yours is available from May??? If so could you supply details...

Guest Woody and Jane

If you're thinking about Semaphore I wouldn't rule out Largs Bay which is just the other side of Semaphore Road. Still within walking distance of Semaphore's great high street but slightly cheaper. We're renting in Semaphore at the moment but probably looking to buy in Largs due to the price difference. West Lakes is more expensive than Semaphore and as far as I can see only really has the mall which you'd probably drive to anyway, so if you're driving why not live in Semaphore which has more of a community feel and regular festivals.

Guest searknubley

we live at West Lakes and it's good value for money, we have everything on our doorstep and travel down south easy enough as we live on the fredrick rd side so don't have travel/footy issues. We have a dog and the walks around the lakes are excellent!

Guest Ally Mc

I would second Semaphore, not as busy as Glenelg, but still some cafes etc. Largs Bay is lovely, but not really very much there except the one hotel (which is very nice). What about Henley/ Grange area? Can be pretty pricy, but cheaper than Glenelg...