MIKE RANN etc etc yawn

Pommy99

Hmmm if you look at the long term history of wha has happened in this state, very little happened between Don Dunstan and the beginning of Rann's term in office. Much of this was when the liberals reigned.

What actually keeps this state lagging are the citizens who wish to live in the past and seek to block anything new or different.

South Australia will need a brand spankng new hospital, designed to meet the advances of newer medical and nursing treatment. The wards at the older hospitals are in a sorry state with one toilet facility for 16 patients. They are small and cramped for today's needs. The argument for rebuilding the RAH at the same site has its foundations firstly on pure sentiment. People sputter about it being a world icon etc in research..... well it is actually the researchers not the buildings that achieve this.

People narked on and on about the tram extension, but as soon as it was finished it was overwhelmingly more busy than ever before.

The building of a new conference centre/ all purpose building in the Victoria Park race course was hemmed in by those who lived close by and didn't wish to have their dog walking disturbed. The proposed development was not an eyesore and would have generated an income unlike any of the existing buildings in the racecourse.

The labor party is of course not infallible but much has been achieved here in the last 8 years. Why would we want our police to carry tazors anyway as much of the crime is unattended by the police until after the fact.

SA has managed to keep afloat retaining its housing values when other cities have suffee a down turn. Of course SA will not suit everybody but each year a significant number of migrants from interstate and overseas arrive in SA and thrive and prosper. Adelaide is not really such a backwater. Each capital has its own flavour and character, but the grass is not always greener. Victoria made a hash of the grand prix once they took it.

This is an impartial view of the state of politics here. I can not vote so neither party's gibberish interests me, but I do know the past 30 odd years of development in this state and it has never seemed to prosper under liberal leadership .....but then again at each election they have not had a strong charismatic person to spearhead their campaign.

Guest guest569

he may not have done the best job ever and if she had got in she may have got things going abit better but you can't really knock him for getting us through the recession so well!!!:notworthy:

If only he had kept his **** in his pants he'd been ok !!!:biglaugh:

I must admit I personally felt insulted by the campaign that Labour ran - I was getting letters from our local candidate's wife telling me what a good husband and father he is (like that was what would sway me!) and another letter addressed to me by my first name by some completely strange woman explaining why she'd be voting Labour - my husband didn't get either of these letters! - and also, considering all the issues at stake, our local member felt the biggest issue he could write about was cutting the grass in a local reserve...and sending me some blurry photos of workmen doing so! All - or most - of the campaign material apart from this concentrated on what the opposition was saying, and what had happened in the past, and nothing about what Labour planned for the future. I think I heard Isabel Redmond's name more from Labour than I did from the Liberals!

I know I'm a woman but really - do they truly think I'm so airheaded that I wouldn't be looking at bigger issues than this?!!

Hmmm if you look at the long term history of wha has happened in this state, very little happened between Don Dunstan and the beginning of Rann's term in office. Much of this was when the liberals reigned.

What actually keeps this state lagging are the citizens who wish to live in the past and seek to block anything new or different.

South Australia will need a brand spankng new hospital, designed to meet the advances of newer medical and nursing treatment. The wards at the older hospitals are in a sorry state with one toilet facility for 16 patients. They are small and cramped for today's needs. The argument for rebuilding the RAH at the same site has its foundations firstly on pure sentiment. People sputter about it being a world icon etc in research..... well it is actually the researchers not the buildings that achieve this.

I agree wholeheartedly - the old RAH has seen it's day. It really hasn't served us well for quite a few years. The infrastructure of the toilets alone is definitely reason to move on. This can't be reformed without loss of beds and huge costs. My Dad who is 83 was in hospital not so long ago and fell a few times on his way to the toilet which was a problem as he was in there for a broken hip because of a fall! They had to strap him to a bed or chair so he wouldn't try to get out. Wow was that awful for him and for us to see. It is an archaic hospital - it still functions but I don't know what all the fuss was about trying to save it. For this reason alone I think the Liberal Party were not ready. There comes a time for progress and the hospital has sorely needed replacement for a number of years. I think Mr Rann has gotten a battering so if it is finally conceded that he has clearly won then hopefully he won't be so arrogant about everything.

Guest Guest5035
So he wins again and SA is sentenced to another 4 years of stagnation and moving sideways while other states advance. We are the backwater and will stay that way.

Time to leave.

So i guess you didn't vote labour then?? The Libs looked better in the result but it was actually a slight correction fronm 4 years ago. In the end why does a country with around 21/22 million people need so many pollies. Surely we can do away with the state poliies>??

Stevo

So he wins again and SA is sentenced to another 4 years of stagnation and moving sideways while other states advance. We are the backwater and will stay that way.

Time to leave.

least were in a better place the the yUK :biglaugh:

And as for it bieng a back water...cool let people think that trhat means there is more for us locals to enjoy.

We went camping this weekend, to Adelaide Shores, only 30 mins drive up the road and we may as well have been anywhere in Oz, weather great, fishing good, company brilliant, amenities at site, awesome all in all a great weekend was had in the this back water i call HOME ;)....get into it mate....:arghh:

HG

So i guess you didn't vote labour then?? The Libs looked better in the result but it was actually a slight correction fronm 4 years ago. In the end why does a country with around 21/22 million people need so many pollies. Surely we can do away with the state poliies>??

Stevo

No I can't vote. But I do care.

Good point about the state pollies !!!!!

Guest Guest5035

Time to leave.

I can drop you off at Ikea if you want.;););)

Stevo

Guest Jo&Phil

An interesting perspective .... which states do you find tempting? The grass may not necessarily be greener

Time to leave.

If it ain't broke... And it hasn't been since Labour came into power...

but you can't really knock him for getting us through the recession so well!!!:notworthy:

I think you will find that China got SA throught the recession due to demand for resources. NOTHING to to with any politician.

Agree about the RAH. I was taken there 6 years ago after dislocating my shoulder, and left with a horrible feeling of having been regarded as a burden by staff with the lowest morale imaginable. It was a horrible experience, and totally at odds with the wonderful treatment provided by the modern Flinders Medical Centre on a number of occasions since. I know what sort of hospital I want to be treated in...

I agree wholeheartedly - the old RAH has seen it's day. It really hasn't served us well for quite a few years. The infrastructure of the toilets alone is definitely reason to move on. This can't be reformed without loss of beds and huge costs. My Dad who is 83 was in hospital not so long ago and fell a few times on his way to the toilet which was a problem as he was in there for a broken hip because of a fall! They had to strap him to a bed or chair so he wouldn't try to get out. Wow was that awful for him and for us to see. It is an archaic hospital - it still functions but I don't know what all the fuss was about trying to save it. For this reason alone I think the Liberal Party were not ready. There comes a time for progress and the hospital has sorely needed replacement for a number of years. I think Mr Rann has gotten a battering so if it is finally conceded that he has clearly won then hopefully he won't be so arrogant about everything.

Guest allie

I never quite understood what the problem was with wanting to rebuild the RAH...surely a spanking new, fully modernised facility would be a bonus for any city????! If it doesnt happen to occupy the exact location/building as the previous outdated hospital at leat everyone will have the benefit and peace of mind of knowing that they will be treated in the best possible surroundings that are designed to house the newest technology. How can this possibly be a bad thing!?:confused: