Are you watching Channel 7?

jo_marnes

Serial Killers - Bodies in the Barrels. Talk about a bad advert for Salisbury (as if it needed more bad press!). Never been there myself but the quote "neglected suburbs of Adelaide's underclass" doesn't do much to persuade me to visit!!

Blimey, used to live very close to Shipman and went past his practice everyday to work - some very nasty people around.

Cooler

A good aussie friend of mine used to (maybe still does!) play netball at the women's prison here in Adelaide (against a team of the inmates) - apparently one of the prison team members was a woman inside for the "strawberry patch" murders (they lured lorry drivers out to their farm, killed them, dismembered them, and buried them in the strawberry patch). Nice. My friend said if there was ever a contest for the ball during the game, she let the other woman have it, no arguments!

Adelaide is a city like any other though, there are good and bad people all over. Don't let something that happened a long time ago put you off a suburb today for goodness sake! After all, the Beaumont children disappeared from Glenelg but that's still a great place, both to live and to visit!

Serial Killers - Bodies in the Barrels. Talk about a bad advert for Salisbury (as if it needed more bad press!). Never been there myself but the quote "neglected suburbs of Adelaide's underclass" doesn't do much to persuade me to visit!!

Maybe you should refrain voicing your opinions of the North until you actually have 1st hand experince.......

Oh I get it your from Hallet Cove....

Rgs 246.

Guest the4hopes
Maybe you should refrain voicing your opinions of the North until you actually have 1st hand experince.......

Oh I get it your from Hallet Cove....

Rgs 246.

I can't see where Jo has given her opinion? She was using quotes, and as far as I can see she was defending the place, saying bad press doesn't encourage people to want to go there.

I can't see where Jo has given her opinion? She was using quotes, and as far as I can see she was defending the place, saying bad press doesn't encourage people to want to go there.

Oh please .

.....defending the place...so what about (as if it needed more bad press! ) statement

and bodies in barrels rubbish......if your going to post ....(1) get the facts right and (2)see the burb for yourself.......

Woohoo, once again a completely innocent thread turns into a north south fight. And in my opinion only, last time i was in the northern burbs (elizabeth) my car was keyed to hell when in a car paark for 30 mins, but guess this aint first hand experience. And no, not saying it couldn't happen in the south or hallett cove, just not happened yet......in the almost 3 years we lived in the souther burbs.

Oh jeez, get over it! I didn't make the programme! Are you saying Salisbury doesn't get bad press? All I'm saying is that when ever I have heard it mentioned, it is in a negative light. However, now you have put your piece in, I have changed it to #1 on my places to visit list :rolleyes:

Guest kangomik

Look on the bright side, it was posted as bait, and did just that.:SLEEP:

Why we will never know.:SLEEP:

Are we going to drag every murder up now?:SLEEP:

Life's too short, we choose where we live for our own reasons.:dull:

When you have the experience of living in an area, then you have the right to comment.

Woohoo, once again a completely innocent thread turns into a north south fight. And in my opinion only, last time i was in the northern burbs (elizabeth) my car was keyed to hell when in a car paark for 30 mins, but guess this aint first hand experience. And no, not saying it couldn't happen in the south or hallett cove, just not happened yet......in the almost 3 years we lived in the souther burbs.

Not turning this into a N/S fight...never metioned the South, South is good ..I dont even live in Salisbury, just sticking up for it (w/o degrading the South by the way) from some people without firsthand knowledge !!who asipre to (yourself excluded)...Mr Wilson the reason why your car was keyed in Elizabeth (which is not Salisbury, may i add) is possibly it wasnt worth nicking .....LOL

Guest norris
Blimey, used to live very close to Shipman and went past his practice everyday to work - some very nasty people around.

Cooler

went past his place every other day you just never know!!!!!!!!!!

Guest JayBone

Makes me chuckle when people talk about a North/South divide or East/West divide in the same city!!

I live in the worst City in Britain (apparently) - But they never said if the survey was done on the East side or West Side??

And by the way, if people werent allowed to comment on things they know nothing about, and the only conversation was factual, that would suck!! And i think i would become the Salisbury Slayer!!!

Not turning this into a N/S fight...never metioned the South, South is good ..I dont even live in Salisbury, just sticking up for it (w/o degrading the South by the way) from some people without firsthand knowledge !!who asipre to (yourself excluded)...Mr Wilson the reason why your car was keyed in Elizabeth (which is not Salisbury, may i add) is possibly it wasnt worth nicking .....LOL

Was going to write a real sarcastic reply, but noticed you put LOL at end of post, so thought i better not. And yes Elizabeth is not Salisbury, i never said it was, i said northern suburbs. And you mentioned Hallett Cove? Last time i went home (to Hallett Cove) i was in the south? And 2 year old Prado was probably reason it wasn't nicked, it still had the door locks on it, and they were baffled by that, so keyed it instead. LOL

Guest Vonne9

My family have lived in Salisbury for 50 years, we have never had or seen any problems, its a great place to live, close to the Barossa, City and coast. Every suburb has its " low lifes" and they are not all on benefits, the price of new homes on this side of town certainly don't reflect that; have a look at Mawson Lakes for starters.