• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Bank cards - confused

We are with Westpac and were advised to use the credit option as you are better protected. Use the cheque option only if you want to take cash out as well. We are not charged for any of the options and the credit items go though a day or so later as they pass thought the Mastercard processing system.

So the cheque option debits directly from your account and the credit option debits via Mastercard/Visa.
      bentkitty likes this.

The Dimmocks
      We are with NAB, we have one account and each have two cards, a Eftpos one, and a visa one. We were told to press savings with the Eftpos one and credit with the visa one. The Eftpos one shows almost instantly as being taken out of account. We had only just purchased something and about hour later got a mini statement and it was showing on there. As far as we are aware we are not changed anything for using these cards. If we are then it not showing on our account and we were not advised when we activated bank account when we arrived. Our limit on each card is $1000.

I still get confused. I tend to leave my card in machine and wonder why it not asking for pin, forget you have to take it out before putting pin in.

bentkitty and thekings like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12