Book fans! Fed up with expensive books in Aus?

Guest bentkitty

Guest bentkitty

Talking to a few Poms recently quite a lot of people are complaining about how expensive books are here... I use Bookdepository.co.uk which has as big a selection as Amazon with good discounts on all books PLUS FREE DELIVERY TO AUSTRALIA. I have been using them back in the UK for >5 years and never had any probs. I also like the fact that they send out the books in stock immediately (ie not delaying the whole parcel if say one of the books wasnt in stock), and I usually get the books 3-4 days after ordering.

Just wanted to share this in case like me anyone out there has a serious book habit to support!! :P

Guest bentkitty

Hi Suzer, I looked at Amazon US as well which I think would be a good choice for a big book order, but I often want to order a single book that I just saw in the shops, and like the fact that with Bookdepository shipping is free worldwide, even for a single paperback.

I use Bookdepository too and they are usually pretty good. Only problem I have found with them is the lack of a facility to put a message with a book sent as a gift, so if you do that, you have to contact the person direct and say "you're going to get a parcel from Book Depository - it's from me!"

Also most libraries (certainly TTG one) will let you reserve a book/CD/DVD free of charge, so I often find the book I want, check library catalogue first and reserve if they have a copy, and if not, buy from Book Depository!

Particularly worth doing with the stong dollar at the moment (but if anyone wants anything with werewolves or vampires in it, check with me first as I can probably lend you a copy - although I don't do that Stephanie Meyer sh*te!!!!)

I've used Bookdepository a lot and never had any problems at all, and always quick delivery. The books are always cheaper than I can get them here. In fact I odered some more last night for hubby's birthday. They are much cheaper than Amazon and show what you will save if you buy from them rather than Amazon.

As an example, I recently bought The Guitar Handbook (the guitarists bible) from Bookdepository for $28 with free delivery. I could have got it at Frets n Stix in Reynella and paid $51 !!!!!