I love Adelaide, I love sport, but...

Diane

Guest Woody and Jane

It's easy, you just have to pick which team name could beat the other team name in a fight. Like this weekend for instance The Tigers are playing The Dogs. Well obviously a tiger could give a dog a good kicking in so you choose The Tigers. Again with The Crows vs The Swans you'd plump for The Swans.

It does however fall down when you get matches like The Bombers vs The Dockers.

Guest Aussie pat

We put our 12 yo son down with his Dad for footy tipping at our little local corner newsagent. Thought it would be nice for him to learn more about Aussie Rules (though Soccer will always be his main interest).

Our local tipping involves several levels including which of the named teams on the list are going to win and by how much. There are also other minor questions about the games they have to predict. It's good fun and the newsagent displays a list of how all the tippers are going in his window so all the locals can see how everyone is doing. There are cash prizes if you get it right.

It may be that there are different systems for footy tipping depending on who runs it.

Hope this helps.

Guest guest569

if you google Advertiser footie tipping and register you can join our small league and play for free. we are league 735157

You've only missed one week and i'm sure you'll recognise some names in there !!!:D

Guest guest569
It's easy, you just have to pick which team name could beat the other team name in a fight. Like this weekend for instance The Tigers are playing The Dogs. Well obviously a tiger could give a dog a good kicking in so you choose The Tigers. Again with The Crows vs The Swans you'd plump for The Swans.

It does however fall down when you get matches like The Bombers vs The Dockers.

GO THE CROWS !!!!!:biglaugh:

Guest Guest5035
....what on earth is Footy Tipping all about???

I'm in a nation wide one.........................i'm around 14,000 out of 24,000 and i got 6 out of eight last weekend.:skeptical:

crows were crap and WILL not make the eight...................................Di... thats the top eight to go into the play offs at the end of the season, to see who will play at the G in Melbourne in September .

Stevo

Guest guest569
I'm in a nation wide one.........................i'm around 14,000 out of 24,000 and i got 6 out of eight last weekend.:skeptical:

crows were crap and WILL not make the eight...................................Di... thats the top eight to go into the play offs at the end of the season, to see who will play at the G in Melbourne in September .

Stevo

:biglaugh: of course the crows will make the top eight !!! Youve been here all these years and you still haven't learn't the crows are the best !!!:biglaugh:join our league and i'll bet you $10 that crows finish higher than the power stevo.;)

Guest Guest5035
:biglaugh: of course the crows will make the top eight !!! Youve been here all these years and you still haven't learn't the crows are the best !!!:biglaugh:join our league and i'll bet you $10 that crows finish higher than the power stevo.;)

0 & 3 , the way the Crows and Port are going they are certain losers each week, yep i picked them both this week to lose.I daren't bet that $10 mate, it'll be a dead heat in September, both on the bottom sharing the wooden spoon, Dean Laidlaw will be the Coach at Power and Craigy will be in his retirement village.;) Stevo

• 7 months later...
Guest guest569
0 & 3 , the way the Crows and Port are going they are certain losers each week, yep i picked them both this week to lose.I daren't bet that $10 mate, it'll be a dead heat in September, both on the bottom sharing the wooden spoon, Dean Laidlaw will be the Coach at Power and Craigy will be in his retirement village.;) Stevo

Would have been a close win for you mate !!:biglaugh: 10th and 11th place in your favour.