SHEILA MARK ZACK AARON & COLA(DOG!) 175 VISA ONLINE SUMBITTED 06/11/09SA SS APPLIED 20/11/09 GRANTED 21/12/09!CASE OFFICER 8/01/10 MEDS&XRAYS DONE 29/1/10 176 VISA GRANTED 24/02/10!!!
FLIGHTS BOOKED 24/05/2010.....WOHOO!!!! ARRIVED 26/05/2010 AND LIVING THE DREAM!!!!! CITIZENSHIP TEST PASSED 26/08/2014!!!!!!
| || |
We are supposed to fly out Saturday night...fingers crossed we have some proper English windy weather to sent it back to Iceland!!
In laws are waiting by the phone to contact qantas at 9pm tonight for the latest update, could be 10.30 i just heard.
They have a connecting flight from ADL to Mel, this flight will be safe, but i read/hear over a 1000 qantas passengers are already stuck in transit at singapore waiting to get to heathrow.
My brain says thats a 1 day back log even if they fly 15 mins apart 3 plane loads!
Waiting game i guess.
off all the things we plan for i never expected this, i
Ahh well just wait i guess.
My sister and my niece have been here on holiday and were due to fly home today. After the airport allowing them to check in and we had said our tough goodbyes, when I had almost reached home I got a call from her to say that her flights had been cancelled. We knew the whole situation but when they allowed her to check in we assumed the flights would be taking off as the ash would be clearing - wrong. Now although I am delighted to have them longer she has 2 other kids and a husband to get home to. Now we were thinking she would maybe get away on Monday or Tuesday but Quantas have rebooked her on the next available flight which is ten days away on the 26th April - cant believe it.
We are so emotionally drained today and we are now just hoping when airspace opens back up Quantas put on extra flights and get her home sooner - her family need her.
Our family wasn't quite so lucky. They'd already departed on Thurs before the cancellations started. They have been stuck in Hong Kong for over 24 hours so far and have no idea when they can travel on to UK. Can't be very easy with two kids (8 and 10) in tow. But, much better that than risk of flying at the moment.
Best wishes to all affected, Kazza xx
Just got confirmation of qantas.
Fly in 10 days time!
So for anyone else expect long delays, i guess this means there maybe more eruptions, or qantas just sorting their part of it all out.
Act of god people, no control over this one!
My poor hubby is stuck in London, due to fly back tomorrow with his Mum's ashes. It's kind of ironic that Iceland's ashes are stopping his Mum's from getting to Oz!
Good luck everyone, we have been booked on a flight on monday which seems very quick compared to your stories, lets just hope the ash has cleared by then. Feeling very lucky that we never even left for the airport and now just enjoying a few more days with the grandparents and hoping we can fly monday.
Wishing you all safe travels. Vicky
If so i think they need these flights out first, so that the rest can start piling in.
Theres a plane going up today around Europe to measure the air quality at altitude, so i guess more up dates will happen then.
If the inlaws stay too long i have reminded them that there are boats on the planet too and they could sail home, but after the earth quake last night they reckon things come in 3's :jimlad: ;)