21 years 96 remembered

Guest katsmajic

Guest katsmajic

I cant believe its been 21 years since Hillsborough. :sad:

RIP the 96 - lets hope the new investigation will reveal the truth not cover the cops arses again.

Guest Messua

You were there? I bet you thank your lucky stars, don't you! I drove 200 miles in a Mini that day to attend a wedding. Everyone switched on their car radios for the football result after the ceremony and that's how we heard the devastating news. It just goes to show how fragile life is. I hope this investigation is done properly, but it's too little too late in my opinion.:daydreaming:

When you say I bet I thank my lucky stars, I assume you mean lucky I was OK? I certainly wouldn't say I was 'lucky' in being there.

Anyhow a bit of a story...

I was 22, and lived at home in those days. My parents didn't really take any notice of me gallivanting around the country each weekend watching Liverpool, but as I was leaving I said to my mum, I didn't have as good seat as last year.....

It was because I said those words they 'knew' I was OK, it was before Mobiles and the internet so communication was impossible, the lines of people at the phone boxes walking away still gives me the shivers, all people were doing was crying down thE Phone saying they were "OK".

Anyhow as my FB update says it all from yesterday

21 Years ago I went to a football match with 40,000 others, 96 never returned. It doesn't matter who you support, everyone who goes to a match deserves to see it and get home afterwards safe and well. RIP.

And for those of us there, it was horrific, and changed football forever.

RIP

My husband was there, very injured with his father crushed to death at the side of him. I rememeer being so shocked at the TV footage when I was hoovering one afteroon and the game was on TV....

Its about time the cops held their hands up !!!!!!!!

I cant believe its been 21 years since Hillsborough. :sad:

RIP the 96 - lets hope the new investigation will reveal the truth not cover the cops arses again.

I can't believe it's that long either. Seems just like yesterday. Those images are still vivid in my mind and will probably haunt me forever. RIP indeed - You'll Never Walk Alone.

I wouldn't hold your breath as regards the investigation though. No doubt the cops will come out of it smelling of roses, just like they did after the G20 protest inquiry. Prepare for another whitewash. Remember, the UK is no longer a democratic state but rather a totalitarian one.

Guest JoTanCalOwen

RIP the 96 definitely, and most sincerely not forgotten,

I am proud to say my14 year old son, reminded his teacher, and requested a minutes silence, which was honoured..