cheaper time of year to fly back to uk???

Guest darlo 2 adelaide

Guest darlo 2 adelaide

Hi

I'm just wondering for those who've already done the reasearch, is there a particular time of year to book flights to England, and is it cheaper to do it way in advance?

I was thinking it'd be better if we wnet at uk summer time as we'd probably be able to tolerate the weather better, but we'd still have to take jumpers anyway compared to here!!:skeptical:

Any advise much appreciated.

Sarah

Guest Guest5035
I have been looking at October which seems a bit cheaper with Etihad which seem to be the most reasonable.

mate............why do you think its reasonable????

!/ is it from Melb/Brissy/Sydney or Perth.

2/Flight times/waiting times etc etc

Just pay the xtra to go from Adelaide ( $400 ) believe me i've done other routes and its not worth it.

Stevo

Guest tinkham_lee

Were looking at $2200 return per person to fly back to the England in February returning in March with Quantas from Adelaide-Sydney-London, stopping at Singapore to refuel, its a 27 hour flight with 2 hours in Sydney. there is one that is an hour shorter changing at Melbourne but its $150 more per person and I want to fly on the Airbus A380 :)

Guest Guest5035
Were looking at $2200 return per person to fly back to the England in February returning in March with Quantas from Adelaide-Sydney-London, stopping at Singapore to refuel, its a 27 hour flight with 2 hours in Sydney. there is one that is an hour shorter changing at Melbourne but its $150 more per person and I want to fly on the Airbus A380 :)

Adelaide HK London return 6th Feb to 6th March $3930 return x2 , 24 hours out 22 return, straight out of Adelaide ,bye bye cases etc etc.

We flew Melbourne to Dubai (Emirates)a year or so ago, what a long trip taking into Adelaide/Melbourne, then check in again etc etc

Stevo

Guest scmercer
mate............why do you think its reasonable????

!/ is it from Melb/Brissy/Sydney or Perth.

2/Flight times/waiting times etc etc

Just pay the xtra to go from Adelaide ( $400 ) believe me i've done other routes and its not worth it.

Stevo

It is from Adelaide.

• 5 months later...
Guest steph&neil

Hi just to say that it is worth shopping around! Qantas do have a chart on there website to let you when the less expensive flights are available

We are looking at going back next year (Mid June for 3-4 weeks) & are considering a ticky tour to get back to the UK and are looking at the following -

Mel - Kul - Lhr, will mean that we will fly with Air Asia from Mel & Royal Bruni fron Kul, Air Asis do fly to the Uk but only Stansted, we are then heading up to Aberdeen so no use for us!

doing flight with Royal we will land into heathrow, much better than a 2 hour transfer & the price is $2200 for 4 of us (3 adults as our daughter is 13 & 1 child) That is one-way.

We are looking at buying a rtn with qantas or Singapore which will be around 4000gbp RTN meaning that we will have an open rtn for the next time - have family who have done it this way and it costs 25gbp per booking to change the dates, plus any increase in the airfair, but then we will have the advantage of cheaper flights based from the UK.

:arghh:annoys me that we can get 3 flights doing it this wayl for the same as price as 2 leaving from Aus!

We wil still have to go to Mel (about $50 each 1 way & up to Aberdeen with BA is $80 1 way, but we figured that the excitement of the holiday would outweight this & also the fact the jetlag only happens when we come back!

Really anonnying that we dont get flights as cheap to the UK as they are from the Uk but I was informed that it is something to do with the landing tax - gov here fund it so it cost less for pp to come!

Anyway not sure if this will be of interest to anyone but thought I would share it all the same! Also Maylasian airways do some good deals, we are going to book after xmas as the prices dont change that much till about 12 weeks before you want to go!

we went back to the UK last year with the qantas kids fly for free offer! we all went back for $5k was only to LHR but checked in all the way through to aberdeen as BA are a one world carrier & BA had a flight offer meaning that we paid $200 each way! Steph x

We are looking at buying a rtn with qantas or Singapore which will be around 4000gbp RTN meaning that we will have an open rtn for the next time - have family who have done it this way and it costs 25gbp per booking to change the dates, plus any increase in the airfair, but then we will have the advantage of cheaper flights based from the UK.

thanks for that info.. could i just make a query on the open return..

what is the use by date on this ticket?.. i heard you have to use the ticket within 12months is this right?

Guest steph&neil

thanks for that info.. could i just make a query on the open return..

what is the use by date on this ticket?.. i heard you have to use the ticket within 12months is this right?

It can be extented with qantas & singapore but not sure about other operators x

When flying to visit my family here in Oz from the UK I used to fly to Perth then Virgin Blue to Adelaide, two hours in Singapore.

We worked out that we arrived 4 hours ahead of time doing it this way rather than if we had gone via Sydney.. and still go a few hours at Perth to change airports ($20 cab ride) and stretch legs..

Plus it was alot cheaper.. Flew with Singapore most of the time.

I have done the return trip 4 times now and still find it the cheapest way, and luckily have friends in Perth so now we add a few days side trip now..

Not many people realise it is only 4.5 hours flight from Singapore to Perth, then a 3.5 hours flight from Perth to Adelaide. Breaks it up nicely.

Guest guest3462

We are flying back at the end of november and the cost for 2 adults and 2 children is $8200 return with Singapore Airlines.

The cost varied greatly from $7400 up to about $14000 . Our flights were not the cheapest that we saw, that honour went to Malaysian airlines; but the most convenient for us. We are flying from Adelaide to Heathrow via singapore and only have a few hours lay over both trips. The flight times were also just what we wanted.

I guess you have to look at what you want out of the trip as to getting the best value. Yes, we could have gone for $800 cheaper (total not each) but that would have meant going via Melbourne and having a 36 hour journey (with an 11 hour lay over in Singapore)and with 2 toddlers and being 5 months pregnant I really couldn't think of anything worse!!!

being 5 months pregnant I really couldn't think of anything worse!!!

Leave it an extra month or so, then if you give birth on the flight the baby gets free flights on the airline for life!!

Which is probably why they don't let you travel after about 7 months, but I'd still have made it with my son (born v early)... just wish I'd thought of it at the time!!!

Guest Guest5035
We are flying back at the end of november and the cost for 2 adults and 2 children is $8200 return with Singapore Airlines.

The cost varied greatly from $7400 up to about $14000 . Our flights were not the cheapest that we saw, that honour went to Malaysian airlines; but the most convenient for us. We are flying from Adelaide to Heathrow via singapore and only have a few hours lay over both trips. The flight times were also just what we wanted.

I guess you have to look at what you want out of the trip as to getting the best value. Yes, we could have gone for $800 cheaper (total not each) but that would have meant going via Melbourne and having a 36 hour journey (with an 11 hour lay over in Singapore)and with 2 toddlers and being 5 months pregnant I really couldn't think of anything worse!!!

We used the transit hotel at singas for 6 hours http://www.athmg.com/ thought you'd like the link. Well worth the $65 for the room.

Stevo