• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree11Likes

Thread: mozzies

315 times
      Quote Originally Posted by DAVID.CHRISTINE View Post
      HI is anyone else getting bitten by these little critters ,had a few late nights in the
      outdoors ,thought the season was over ,
      cant evan water the garden without being bitten
      I used to get that late at night watering some plants. I used to wear trousers and long sleeves and repellent and that worked.

269 times
      Well having lived in Adelaide for years and travelled the world including India (think Malaria!!!)we use "Extreme Protection"wipes.Like the facial wipes but they are inpregnated with repellant.Always worked for us.We also burn citronella incense both inside and outside and that works very well too!
      coolerking and guest4504 like this.

Dalgety Bay/ Adelaide
      4 times
      Hi All,

Having lived in Oz for 12 years, going back next year after being back in the Uk for a couple of years I can offer some friendly advice.

Burn Lavender in an oil burner in your rooms, essential oil lavender. The mozzies hate it and smells nicer then mortein.

Tea tree oil, essential oil or pak fah oil (Asian White Flower Oil should get in China Town) is great for bites. Tea Tree is probably more well known but is very effective as it's a natural antiseptic. You just dap it on, one drop is enough.

Put the lavender oil on you too as the mozzies will stay away. Worked for me anyways.

Spray your rooms before you go to bed with mortein in every corner, close the door for about 30 minutes and should work, if you don't have oil burners again this is what I do. Mossquite coils are quite good too. You can burn them in the garden.

They also are attracted to black clothing.
      Lastly the spray called "Off" is very good. I used to use this in Hong Kong but you can get in Auz too.

Hope this helps.

Viv :)
      cint&mark likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12