Trust the French..........

HEAPS GOOD !!!

Guest cornish Busdriver

I say good on france. If you go to middle east muslim countrys, women are expected to cover there heads showing respect for that countrys culture and laws so why do people jump on frances back for enforcing the same values.

Guest Damien

I agree with the French, made me feel uncomfortable in old Blighty when I used to walked along the street and see people totally covered up, can't be fair on the woman when it's mega hot.

I appreciate that we are all immigrants here but the veil thing is just too much.........

Damo

Guest Damien

Also, at least the French are being patriotic and standing up for what is French. Just like it is in GREAT BRITAIN..................not. In the UK we were embarassed to be 'English'

We went on holiday to Turkey many years ago. As you do we went sight seeing with various tours. Was told when booking the tours at the hotel, that I would have to cover up as respect to the locals and mosques that we would have visited. Not a problem I am in their country I abide by their rules.

I think that the UK could learn a few things.......

Thats my take on it

Prema

Yes, it's different when you go to another country. I was born in Australia but parents are from Greek background and I've been there a few times. I had it drilled in to me the appropriate way to dress but some tourists did have a hard time getting in to Churches especially if they dressed in a certain way. Mostly it was the women that were treated that way which isn't fair but while I agree with some of their values I think some are changing with the younger people these days which is a good thing. Personally and maybe it is because I do come from another background and like to travel, I like seeing all the different nationality people who walk around in Australia with some really lovely clothes. Almost makes me feel like I am in a Star Wars film.