Last night in UK

Prema

This must be our most longest day yet. We woke up really early, as we had to move out of the flat. We had to also make sure that we packed everything for the flight.

Said goodbye to many of our very good friends, whom have seen us though many fun, hard and sad times. I feel so emotional drained, the kids got upset because I spent most of the day crying.

Hubbie's mum almost collapsed when we had to say goodbye. I have never ever seen my father in law with any emotion and he just cried and cried. I feel so bad they were saying that they may never see us again. I can understand that as they are both not in the best of health. It really makes me feel selfish, to put that kind of stress on them.

My daughter cried her heart out for her gran, my son bless him held us all together what a brave brave sweet boy.

I didn't know how hard this would be. I feel so embarrassed for everyone I was in tears at the reception desk at the hotel and in the restaurant.

I keep telling myself get a grip, but I just can't.

Question is does it get easier?

Will the kids forgive us for their pains? Will I forgive myself for their tears?

Was following our dreams towards our hopes and aspirations to high a price to pay??

Prema

This must be our most longest day yet. We woke up really early, as we had to move out of the flat. We had to also make sure that we packed everything for the flight.

Said goodbye to many of our very good friends, whom have seen us though many fun, hard and sad times. I feel so emotional drained, the kids got upset because I spent most of the day crying.

Hubbie's mum almost collapsed when we had to say goodbye. I have never ever seen my father in law with any emotion and he just cried and cried. I feel so bad they were saying that they may never see us again. I can understand that as they are both not in the best of health. It really makes me feel selfish, to put that kind of stress on them.

My daughter cried her heart out for her gran, my son bless him held us all together what a brave brave sweet boy.

I didn't know how hard this would be. I feel so embarrassed for everyone I was in tears at the reception desk at the hotel and in the restaurant.

I keep telling myself get a grip, but I just can't.

Question is does it get easier?

Will the kids forgive us for their pains? Will I forgive myself for their tears?

Was following our dreams towards our hopes and aspirations to high a price to pay??

Prema

:wubclub::wubclub: Aww guys i feel for you i really do, it takes us back a couple of years to when we had to go through it all, it is hard and you like the worse person in the world, we all have to go through it, its gut wrenching.

Not sure if it gets easier or whether its just a case of you get to cope with it better, and you get caught up in your new lives out here.

Build your circle of friends fast, we did and we know have what is more like family now they will never replace what you had.

My best mate dropped us off at the hotel and he is a big hard bloke and he just cnt do it he just dropped us off and left.

the excitement will kick in and will take over for a little while, then you go bumpety bump, then you go up and down....its goes like that its called the rollercoaster.

Stay strong, lots of people have been in the same position as you guys.

PM me if you want, and feel you cnt post in the forumm

:wubclub:

HG

Guest kangomik

:sad:Brings back memories - not the nicest part of the whole experience.

:)Once in the airport things start to change, after that it's what you make of it. There will be hard times but the kids are young and will settle quickly.

Good luck with the trip, have a safe one.

Hi Prema, the kids will be fine, they will bounce into their new life with excitement and enthusiasm, you will be surprised how quickly they adapt, my 2 made such a fuss, my eldest threatened to run away so we slept with the door keys every night!! he was the 1st to say that he loves it here and never wants to go back, and that was only after 3 days!!

stay positive (it will get you thru so much) and ride the emotional rollercoaster don't fight it, make friends and get into a routine as quickly as you can and make sure you and the OH have time for yourselves when the kids are asleep, good luck and have a safe journey XX

Guest mez10

Hi - we have been here 12 days so the leaving do's are still raw with us. I spent about 2 hours none stop crying at our leaving do with friends I think it hit me all at once (also lots of alcohol involved!!). Darren's parents, his mum especially took it hard but we have been emailing and on Skype which does help a lot. We have two girls aged 5 and 8, the eldest one didn't want to leave England at all and her friends but so far so good she seems to be excited about starting her new school next week and moving into our rental house in a month's time. We are in temporary accommodation in North Adelaide, if you fancy meeting up when you get settled in send us a PM.

Good luck

Janet, Darren, Eve & Izzy

Guest Nick11

You've just gone through the worst part of the emigrating experience. It will get better. Once you hit Adelaide the excitement will take over . Just remember why you're doing this and stay focused. Good luck. xxx

Oh Prema, I really feel for you. :sad: We've been here almost 6 years and I can still remember that awful feeling as we left. It does get easier, especially once you get caught up in the whirlwind of finding your feet once your here. :)

Good luck and always remember why you have made the move.

Sally

Oh Prema, I really feel for you. :sad: We've been here almost 6 years and I can still remember that awful feeling as we left. It does get easier, especially once you get caught up in the whirlwind of finding your feet once your here. :)

Good luck and always remember why you have made the move.

Sally

My eyes just well up reading your post and we've been here 5 months! You will be fine and everyone's right - the tears may come and go but the adventure is worth every minute. Change is a really important and necessary part of life and the thing that often holds people back the most. What a privilege to teach your kids about adapting to change at such an early age!! Even if you were to decide you made a mistake - the experience will teach you and your family so much about what is important and that mistakes and challenges happen throughout your life. It's how you handle them that make you who you are. For my whole last weak, I just had permanent non-stop tears pouring down and our final surprise party - just two days before we left with over 140 people nearly sent me over the edge. However, I have made fantastic new friends - and managed to keep in touch with the old ones. My kids have settled and we are getting there as well. Blessings upon you - and enjoy the journey!

Liz

Hi Prema - We leave 4 weeks today and I have a lump in my throat reading your post. Have to say am not looking forward to saying goodbye at all and am dreading the leaving 'do'.

Just try to focus on your new life in Aus.

Have a safe journey and look forward to hearing how its going.

Am sure will be posting something similar in a few weeks, and by then you will be able to tell me how great it is!!!!!!

Guest the dobsons

it will be worth it, because if you didnt do it you would always wonder what if.

dont get me wrong there are lows and plenty of highs, just buy a $10 phone card for your mobile and you can talk to them forever very cheap calls

good luck

We are due to come in August and I feel sick every day just thinking about it! My Mum just keeps saying how sad she is, and she will never see us again etc etc. The post made me feel upset but also comforted that it is not just us feeling so guilty for what we are about to do to everyone. Good luck with your move and all future happiness to you, Penny xx

Oh I really feel for you. But just focus on why you are doing this. You'll love your new life.

Yes & Yes because you will have a fabulous new life over there that I dare say you wouldnt have got over here. The kids will love you for it & will understand why you have made the move. They'll have a great life.

(I'll be asking myself the same when its our turn & will try to remind myself that the same answer is true for us too!)

Good luck & have a good journey

Hazel x

Guest hel&sam

i was still in tears at the airport (think thats how i got away with 15 extra kg's without being charged) and at the departure gate, finally stopped crying once we were air bound, been more or less ok since, one or two wobbly moments mainly to do with songs on the radio and friends but its sooo worth it. You'll get through it plenty of tissues and waterproof mascara.

All the best.