Schools in the area

Guest deb and stoo

Guest deb and stoo

Yo dudes

Now we're here and starting to settle the 'getting the kids into school' thing is top of our list (along with a thousand other things) so any tips or advice as to which schools and how you go about getting a school place before knowing the area you're settling in. Our two are 14 and 11 and we're thinking of anywhere between Aberfoyle Park and Hallett Cove though just called the Hallett Cove R-12 and they're full up and said its very postcode tight. So how do you get them in anywhere without knowing where you're going to be?

We have heard Woodcroft College is very good and a reasonable price, anyone any thoughts or tips?:notworthy:

The Lutheran school in Aberfolye Park is a nice school. Have heard good things about Woodcroft Primary (state not private). Have heard mixed reviews of Woodcroft college, although a friend sends her daughter there and is very happy. Do you really want private or state. Private can be anywhere you want. Prescott Primary Southern offers a differetiated curriculum - a lot of state schools just offer one level of activity for the kids regardless of whether they are bright, struggle or inbetween, so be careful and ask loads of questions..! |Also there are loads of good state primary schools around Belair, Coromandel Valley etc.. Happy hunting! Soory just realised your kids are secondary... duhh!

Great reviews for St Johns private school in Blackwood...if you want private, think fees are around $7-8k per year.

Guest Guzzler&Sas

I put a post on in the education section which has info on all schools in various areas and how to contact them, which might be quite good as it is last week of term. It is now a BLUE thread called Independant Schools Website.

Good luck with it.

Regs

Sas

Guest deb and stoo

Yo dudes

Thanks for the replies, we're still researching and phoning, in fact awaiting a call from the Woodcroft College admissions lady tommorrow but with half term comming up it looks like it will be another couple of weeks before they're back in school, they last went in July !!!:wideeyed: so how bad is that ??

We had planned to go looking again today but a quick meet with the bank resulted in hours and hours of bad news, they've lost all our money :chatterbox: well its somewhere between London and here, in the ether somewhere so if anyone sees it send it this way.....we're broke :unsure:

Anyway first interview tommorrow, better go iron my one and only tie, there again the last time I wore one it was around my head and I was p***d:jimlad:

Guest sarahsmartiepants

We had planned to go looking again today but a quick meet with the bank resulted in hours and hours of bad news, they've lost all our money :chatterbox: well its somewhere between London and here, in the ether somewhere so if anyone sees it send it this way.....we're broke :unsure:

Which bank was that? Was it the yellow one begining with C by any chance, thats what they did with ours, That was their first mistake of 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sarah

Guest deb and stoo

Hi Sarah

Yes indeedy it was that very same bank and what amazes us the most is that we sent the cheque from our UK bank on the 7th September special/next day delivery and they have just assured me that it didn't get to them until the 20th September !! Then they lost it in the clearing system or something.......all sounds a bit fishy to me. Are you still with them and what were the other 3 :Randy-git: ups? Maybe best to PM us as dont want to embarass them further.:goofy:

:)

Guest sarahsmartiepants

We had an account with them in London where the money was sent, all they had to do was transfer it!!!! One of the other mistake was when you have two accounts one called savings and one called cheque for everyday use...they put the larger sum in the cheque account so we were drawing on that instead...it should have been in savings!!! Cant remember the other mistake, but the final straw was when I had given them tax file numbers, they only put the tax with- holding back on one account, we couldnt get it back from the bank, we could only get it back when we did our tax return...funny how they were sooooo apologetic when I let rip and closed the account.

Would have told you this by PM, but think people should know these things.

Guest deb and stoo
..funny how they were sooooo apologetic when I let rip and closed the account.

Yes good idea to let everyone know, wish we knew before we got involved with them but, like you, we thought opening an account in the UK with them then transfering the money would have been the sensible thing to do. Who are you with now as we can see us moving pretty sharpish :arghh:

Might be worth a PM and maybe a meet to slag them off over a bottle of wine or three;)

Guest sarahsmartiepants

The blue bank, like your writing, I dont think they have a branch in London though, otherwise we would have gone with them, on account of I like the colour!!!!!:swoon:.

Sad, but thats how I measure things! Must be to do with being a hairdresser!

sarah

Ps, they made a mistake too, but they put it right instantly, only one I think in almost a year, teething problems I think, hubby thinks our branch manager isnt up to much and sees the dep manager if he can.

Yo dudes

Now we're here and starting to settle the 'getting the kids into school' thing is top of our list (along with a thousand other things) so any tips or advice as to which schools and how you go about getting a school place before knowing the area you're settling in. Our two are 14 and 11 and we're thinking of anywhere between Aberfoyle Park and Hallett Cove though just called the Hallett Cove R-12 and they're full up and said its very postcode tight. So how do you get them in anywhere without knowing where you're going to be?

We have heard Woodcroft College is very good and a reasonable price, anyone any thoughts or tips?:notworthy:

Hiya

Glad to see you settling in.

Little Tyke attends Woodcroft College.

We viewed a few schools in the area(without wanting to definitely send her private).

We were just so impressed by the school's attitude but more so the students.We were allowed to mix freely with them so we got the "inside story".

Little Tyke is now in her last few weeks of YR12 and the pressure is on,it becomes very hard work in this year be warned!

Costs are reasonable against UK private education, as well as fees for tuition there are materials/books and uniform to consider.

The choice is yours though :D