HOUSE SOLD!!! Phew...

minkyme29

Hi all

Very relieved, today we have accepted full asking price offer on our house. Has only been on the market two weeks and all went quiet last week (Northern Rock effect?) but bouyant again this weekend and bingo second view today and a lovely offer. Very, very chuffed :jiggy: Only condition is that we leave the white goods which would have been a pain to ship anyway to happy with that. We are very lucky that the buyers have no chain and are in rented until mid December which works out great cos we are flying 12 Dec! :) Am keeping fingers crossed all will go smoothly.

Altho' I have not posted alot recently some of you will remember my DIY dilemna posts prior to the house being marketed so to all of you thanks for your encouragment and good vibes...

Good luck to those trying to sell their houses too.

Guest Richard & Amanda

I'm soooooooooo jealous!

Our house has been on the market for 3 whole weeks now and nothing so far.

I think after the first week I realised we had chosen the WRONG estate agent!

but now unfortunately I am stuck in a 12 week contract (9more to go) before I can move on.

On a positive he MAY just sell it - if I take his advice and reduce it by £11k ( I think not that is reducing the amount of our escape to Adelaide money!!!!)

Fingers crossed I sell by end of Oct to keep in with our timescales of out of here by Chrimbo :arghh:

Hey Amanda,

Don't worry, our Estate Agent assures us the housing market is slowly picking up pace again.

Our place has been on for 4wks now and have 8 viewings and 3 second viewing. We did get one offer but it was just damn right silly :mad:. Better luck this week.

Fingers crossed for all of us in the same boat.

Paul.

Guest Richard & Amanda

Hiya Paul,

I have lost confidence in my agent :skeptical:

At least you have had some viewings! I don't even know if mine is pitched right cos we have had no feedback on it - clearly it isn't if nobody wants to come and view it.

I honestly didn't think my 3 bed detached with a garage on a corner plot (its selling point)

was a white elephant. I have had 12 happy years in it!!!!!:biglaugh:

Amanda

If you need any impartial help or advice about your house situation then please feel free to ask me.. for the past four years I have worked for an Estate Agent as a Saturday viewings person/negotiator so I may be able to help. That goes for anyone else who needs advice.

In my experience the main reason a house is not getting any viewings is a) too expensive or b) dodgy location or c) combination of both. If you had a number of valuations and your current EA gave you the top price then he may have overcooked it to get your instruction :skeptical: and his suggestion of an £11k reduction may be in line with the correct value :mad:. Did you have any other vals?

Hope this helps...

Good luck with it and thanks for your congrats :D

Guest Richard & Amanda

Hiya Oddette,

Thanks for the offer, we did have several agents in and went fairly mid-range.

The problem is, his office is not particularly central - no passing trade - its mainly done through the net.

I went with him cos he sold a semi on my road in 2 weeks!

If you don't mind can I pm you with the web link and see what you think - some impartial advice might be nice! I know you are miles from me and knowing the local market could be tricky. Like has been mentioned Northern Rock could be a sticking point - an interest rate drop would be good - and oh not trying to sell coming up to winter is always a plus!!!!!

We're V excited as have just accepted an offer on our place, and only £2k under the asking price.

The buyers are in a good position so fingers crossed. Hoping to complete within 8 weeks :D.

Submitted all my certified documents to my employer today so that our visa can be lodged asap. Any ideas how long it takes for a 457 visa to come through?

Everything is really coming together for us. On cloud nine at the mo!

Paul.

Guest Guzzler&Sas
We're V excited as have just accepted an offer on our place, and only £2k under the asking price.

The buyers are in a good position so fingers crossed. Hoping to complete within 8 weeks :D.

Submitted all my certified documents to my employer today so that our visa can be lodged asap. Any ideas how long it takes for a 457 visa to come through?

Everything is really coming together for us. On cloud nine at the mo!

Paul.

Hi,

Fingers crossed for you, where in Hampshire are you guys from? Sas is from Alton and is where we met,

Good luck

Guzzler

Guest swampo

Congratulation on the sale and hope that all goes well with the move to Adelaide. Us other mere mortals still trying to sell our houses can only look on in envy.

Lets hope that the house fairy visits us all very soon.

Guest ali@51

Hi Richard and Amanda

It took us 9 months and a £20,000 drop in price to sell ours and we are not to far from you. Both the estate agents kept telling us the market was very very quiet. So it might be the market not the house. Hope you get some intrest soon.

Guest jen&ian

well done on the sale, sounds like it will all fall into place really well with the timing of your flights, fingers crossed for a smooth completion.

Jen:D